Wells Fargo personal loans review
Wells Fargo offers loans up to $100,000 with competitive rates to meet your financial goals.
finder.com’s rating: 3.4 / 5.0
The big moments in life often require more money to cover. Fortunately, Wells Fargo has a number of personal loan options to cover whatever your needs might be. If you have good to excellent credit and want to borrow a larger loan, consider Wells Fargo when comparing your options.
Max. Loan Amount
6.99% to 23.99%
Min. Credit Score
What personal loans does Wells Fargo offer?
Wells Fargo offers three types of personal loans: unsecured loans, secured loans and lines of credit.
- Unsecured loans. With loan amounts up to $100,000 and no annual fee, an unsecured loan could be useful for consolidating debt or covering a large expense. No collateral means you minimize your personal risk.
- Secured loan. Secured loans use your Wells Fargo CD or savings account as collateral for your loan. This can keep your interest rate lower so that you can spend less on the money you borrow.
- Lines of credit. Lines of credit can be unsecured or secured. You’ll have access to your credit limit whenever you need it, and only pay interest on the amount you borrow.
Wells Fargo’s personal loan options have fixed rates, while its line of credit has a variable rate and an annual fee of $25.
Compare personal loan offers from other lenders
What are the benefits of a personal loan from Wells Fargo?
- Get your funds quickly. With all of Wells Fargo’s personal loan options, you can get your funds as soon as one business day following approval and your acceptance of the loan’s terms.
- Options matter. Local area branches allow you face-to-face assistance. If you’d prefer to do your banking online, Wells Fargo’s website allows you to complete your application, check your status and even make payments from the comfort of your own home.
- Great rates. Rates, terms and monthly payments are fixed for unsecured and secured personal loans. With excellent credit, your rates can be as low as 6.99%, making your payments more affordable.
What to watch out for with Wells Fargo personal loans
- Good to excellent credit preferred. If you have less-than-stellar credit and you want to get a personal loan, you may not qualify for one through Wells Fargo.
- High loan amounts. Borrowing more than you need leads to paying more than you should. You may be able to get a loan of up to $100,000, but that doesn’t mean you need that much.
- Potentially high interest. People with fair to good credit may still qualify for a loan, but you might face high APRs of up to 24.24%. This can lead to a hefty expense every month.
Personal lines of credit from Wells Fargo
If you’d rather not borrow a term loan, Wells Fargo also offers lines of credit of $3,000 to $100,000 for eligible account holders. There are no balance transfer or cash advance fees. You only pay a $25 annual fee for each year your line of credit is active. Interest rates are variable and range between 10.00% to 21.50%, and some Wells Fargo customers may even qualify for a rate discount of 0.25%.
The application process is similar to that for personal loans. You’ll need to have details about yourself, your employment and your income ready as well as know how much you want to borrow. If approved, your funds may be available as soon as the next business day.
4 types of loans Wells Fargo offers
|Name||Min Credit Score||Max Loan Amount||APR|
|Wells Fargo Personal Loans||Varies||$100,000||6.99% to 23.99%||Read review|
|Wells Fargo Business Loans||Varies||$100,000||8% to 22.99%||Read review|
|Wells Fargo Student Loans||Varies||$120,000||4.8% to 11.26%||Read review|
|Wells Fargo Auto Loans||680||$300,000||Varies||Read review|
Am I eligible for a personal loan with Wells Fargo?
Once you’ve make the choice to take out a loan, be sure you meet the following criteria:
- You must have good or excellent credit.
- You must be able to show that you can pay back the loan.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
What information do I need to apply?
To apply for a Wells Fargo personal loan, click Go to site. Applying requires that you provide some personal information, including:
- Your full name, date of birth, Social Security number and ID, such as your driver’s license or passport.
- Your home address, email address and phone number.
- Details about your employment.
- Details about your income and expenses.
I got a personal loan from Wells Fargo. Now what?
Once you’re financed through a Wells Fargo personal loan, it’s time to keep on top of your new credit.
- Make payments online. Avoid the post office by making one-time payments through your Wells Fargo account online. You can also call, mail or make your payments at a Wells Fargo branch.
- Set up automatic payments. Avoid late and returned payment fees by scheduling automatic deductions from your Wells Fargo account.
A personal loan payment will be due every month, and a line of credit payment will be due on the months you carry a balance. You should expect to pay an annual fee of $25 for your line of credit, and you may incur additional fees if you fail to make a timely payment towards your loan.
Wells Fargo offers multiple loan types to help you meet your financial needs. Don’t be afraid to reach out to Wells Fargo if you have any questions, and always consider how much you need to borrow before completing a full application. If you don’t have an account with Wells Fargo or don’t have the best credit, you can also consider other personal loan options when you need a little extra cushion to your budget.
Frequently asked questions
Personal loan ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top personal loan providers and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: rates and fees, customer reviews, loan amounts, loan processing and borrower experience.