A secure, reliable way to send money overseas.
ExpressSend by Wells Fargo lets you send money directly to a bank account or for cash pickup — but it’s only available for recipients in Mexico, Asia, South America, Central America and the Caribbean.
|Product Name||Wells Fargo Bank|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 25|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|Available Currencies||COP, DOP, GTQ, HNL, INR, MXN, PHP, USD|
How much does it cost to send money with Wells Fargo?
It’s free to sign up for the ExpressSend Service and there are no ongoing account fees or any charges that must be paid by your beneficiary. However, a transaction fee does apply to every transfer and the amount of this fee varies depending on where you are sending your money. For example, sending $1,000 to China will attract a $7 transfer fee while sending the same amount to India will not attract a fee.
Use the Transfer Cost Estimator on the Wells Fargo website to calculate the fee that will apply to your transaction. In addition, this fee can be discounted if you open an eligible Wells Fargo checking account.
The exchange rate you will receive for your transaction varies according to the amount you send and where you’re sending it. Wells Fargo makes money off both transfer fees and converting US dollars to other currencies. Independent transfer services usually win over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers who will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX and XE.
Who charges less?
Independent transfer services usually win over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers who will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX and XE.
What types of transfers can I send with Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo offers cash pickup from a receiving institution and online transfer to a bank account with a receiving institution.
Depending on where you are sending your money, your transaction will be handled in conjunction with Wells Fargo’s transfer network member in that region. For example, transfers to the Dominican Republic are offered through Banco BHD Leon, Banco del Progreso and Banreservas, while transfers to China are handled by the Agricultural Bank of China.
It’s important to note that the first transfer you send under any ExpressSend service agreement must be completed at a branch or, for eligible customers, over the phone. Subsequent transactions can then be completed over the phone, online or in a branch.
Alternatively, if you wish to send funds for business purposes, you may like to investigate the wire transfer and foreign bank draft options available from Wells Fargo.
Does Zelle work with Wells Fargo?
It does. The new peer-to-peer payment platform is available via Wells Fargo’s mobile app and website. To transfer money domestically to other Zelle accounts, you need to:
- Log in and click on Transfer and Pay.
- Select Send Money with Zelle.
- Follow the onscreen steps to register yourself and select who you want to send money to.
Wells Fargo SWIFT/BIC information
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|Wells Fargo||WFBIUS6S||420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
Pros and cons of sending money with Wells Fargo
- Trusted bank. With a long history and an extensive list of awards to its name, Wells Fargo is a name you can trust in banking and international transfers.
- Transfer options. You can lodge your international money transfer online, over the phone or by visiting a Wells Fargo branch.
- Low minimum. With a minimum transfer amount of $25, Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend Service is great for those who only want to send small amounts of money.
- Send from your bank account. Funds are sent from your eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings account, meaning it’s quick and easy to start sending international money transfers.
- Not worldwide. ExpressSend transfers money to 13 countries in Asia and Latin America only.
- Not for business purposes. Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend service is not available for business payments.
How does Wells Fargo compare to other services?
What do I need to send money through Wells Fargo?
To send money through Wells Fargo, you’ll need to enroll in ExpressSend using your Wells Fargo checking or savings account.
Sending your first transfer involves visiting or calling a Wells Fargo branch with:
- Your recipient’s name and physical address. The address must be in the country you’re sending to and can’t be a PO box.
- Your recipient’s phone number, which must be in the receiving country or in the US. You’ll need to indicate whether it’s a mobile number or landline.
- If you’re sending to a bank account, you’ll need the bank and account information. If you’re sending for cash pickup, you’ll need to select a participating bank or other network provider for the pickup.
Steps to transfer your money online
To use ExpressSend online, you need a Wells Fargo checking or savings account and an ExpressSend Service Agreement naming your recipient. If you don’t have either, you can open an account or sign an agreement at a bank branch or by phone. However, you can’t open an account online.
To review whether Wells Fargo sends to a particular country, follow the steps below.
How can I track my money transfer with Wells Fargo?
If you need to keep track of a transfer you can provide your transaction reference number to Wells Fargo or the receiving institution.
Wells Fargo also offers phone and email customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, meaning that help is on hand whenever you need it. Alternatively, you can make use of a handy frequently asked questions section on the ExpressSend website to find the answers you need.
How can I cancel my money transfer with Wells Fargo?
You must cancel any request within 30 minutes of completing it in order to get a full refund. Some transfers go through in less than 30 minutes, and won’t be available for refund if they’ve already been picked up or deposited.
Your two options to cancel a request are to either call Wells Fargo Global Remittance Services at 800-556-0605, or go online and follow these steps:
- Sign on to your Wells Fargo account.
- Navigate to the Transfer and Pay menu and select Send to Another Country.
- Select the History link of the Agreement you used.
- Select Cancel. If Cancel is unavailable, your 30-minute window has closed.
If you need to send an international money transfer to Asia or Latin America, the ExpressSend Service from Wells Fargo offers a simple and effective solution. However, you should make sure to compare its features with those of other transfer providers to ensure that you get the fastest and most affordable service.