Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
10 sites to buy wedding guest dresses in 2020
Another wedding invitation arrived in the mail? We’ve searched the internet for the best retailers to shop for fancy dresses that are sure to be a hit
With wedding season in full swing you’re bound to need a (few) new dresses to turn heads on your loved one’s special occasion. Whether it’s a fancy cocktail party or a barefoot beach wedding, these retailers are your go-to when shopping for a new dress to wear to the next wedding on your agenda.
You’ll find plenty of cheap and cheerful dresses to wear to a wedding at ASOS.
Attracting shoppers globally, ASOS is the ultimate fashion destination for the twenty-something fashion addict looking for new threads on the reg. The brand offers a mix of house labels, exclusive styles and hot brands.
- 10% student discount
- Free shipping on orders over $40
- Returns accepted within 28 days of receiving your order
Need a new dress to wear to a wedding but don’t want to break your budget? Your perfect dress is just a few clicks away at Boohoo.
British-based brand Boohoo is your go-to when shopping on a budget. With fashion-forward clothing ranging between $10-$70, up to 100 new arrivals every day and a flexible returns policy, you can afford to buy in bulk and always look your best.
- $15 express delivery (arrives within 4 working days)
- Free shipping on orders over $40
- Returns accepted within 28 days of receiving your order
Shine bright in stand-out wedding guest dresses by Missguided. The brand has affordable styles you need to shop right now.
A bold brand designed for the fashion-obsessed girl, online retailer Missguided pumps out collections inspired by celebrities, social media, bloggers and street style.
- 20% student discount
- Free shipping on orders over $80
- Returns accepted within 14 days of delivery
Showpo stocks the hottest range of dresses for girls looking to make a statement. Wedding guests will love the beautiful and trendy dresses available from Showpo.
Get more bang for your buck when you shop with Showpo. Scroll through the brand’s Instagram feed for inspiration and shop the looks you love online.
- Free express shipping on orders over $50
- Exchanges accepted within 14 days of receiving your order
Bring a fun boho vibe to the party with a dress from Free People.
If a stiff, traditional wedding look isn’t for you, spice things up with a flowy and beautiful Free People dress. You’ll be the most stylish and comfortable one on the dance floor.
- Free shipping on orders over $100
- Easy returns with pre addressed label
- Customer reviews available
Look great on a budget with trendy fashion looks from Forever 21.
Always a go to for on-point looks, Forever 21 has tons of dresses perfect for any wedding. Even if you never wear the outfit again, you can’t beat these prices.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase
- User reviews on website
Shop by color, size and more on the easy to use Macy’s website.
With fun new brands like Avec Les Filles and Maison Jules, Macy’s is the perfect place to shop for an unforgettable outfit to wear to your next wedding.
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- Returns accepted within 6 months of purchase
- Earn Plenti points
Look great without emptying your wallet with a great deal from Kohl’s.
Kohl’s carries many of the same brands as more expensive department stores, but if you’re looking for a great deal, you’re more likely to find it here than elsewhere.
- Free shipping on orders of $75 or more
- Flexible returns policy
- Customer loyalty rewards through YES2YOU program
For a classy wedding look, try shopping at a store that carries all the top designer brands.
Nordstrom is the best place to shop for brand name wedding looks. Don’t forget to take advantage of its alterations department so your dress will fit like a glove.
- Alterations available
- Free shipping
- Free returns
Save on the perfect wedding look at JCPenney.
With a huge selection of dresses for women and juniors, JCPenney is an ideal place to shop for your next wedding guest look. Plus, there’s always a sale of some sort going on.
- Free in store pickup available
- Returns accepted with receipt
Our top picks for wedding guest dresses
Plus Size Crochet Lace Peasant Dress
ASOS CURVE Mini Tea Dress
Off Shoulder Sundress with Double Ruffle
Vince Camuto Floral Sequined Dress
Lace-Up Fit and Flare Dress
Your quick guide to retailers offering free delivery
Most of the retailers mentioned above (as well as a few others listed below) offer free shipping when you spend a certain amount. It doesn’t get much better than that! Shop dresses for wedding guests online with ease.
|ASOS||Free shipping on orders of $40 or more|
|Boohoo||Free shipping on orders of $40 or more|
|Forever 21||Free shipping on orders of $40 or more|
|Urban Outfitters||Free shipping on orders of $50 or more|
|Missguided||Free shipping on orders of $40 or more|
|Shopbop||Free standard shipping on all orders|
|Free People||Free shipping on orders of $100 or more|
|6pm||Free shipping on orders of $50 or more|
|Showpo||Free shipping on orders of $50 or more|
|Amazon||Free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sears||Free shipping on orders of $49 or more|
Best wedding guest dresses for summer weddings
Finding the perfect dress for a summer wedding can be hard. We’re sure you want to look fabulous while you brave the heat, so we’ve picked out some dresses that will keep you cool, breezy and fabulous.
- On a budget. Forever 21’s Lace-up Fit and Flare Dress will help you look great on a budget. At under $20, you’ll have money left over for some fabulous shoes.
- Play it safe. If your dress needs to please a conservative crowd, keep it traditional with a dress like this stunning Floral Sequined Dress by Vince Camuto. It has enough stunning details to wow a crowd but a high neckline and knee length hem to keep Grandma happy.
- Splurge. Free People’s Cathy Maxi Dress is the perfect splurge if you want to pull out all the stops for a summer wedding. Its long flowy panels will keep you nice and cool, and the blushing bloom print is sweet and romantic.
- Destination wedding. These super fun weddings are usually less formal, so you can get away with wearing a more casual look like this ASOS Off Shoulder Sundress with Double Ruffle. Even though it’s a pretty typical sundress, the double ruffle makes it unique and memorable.
- Black tie formal. Some weddings are extra classy and require an extra special gown. We love this High/Low Gown by Eliza Jane for its stunning silhouette that’s classic but still modern.
Best plus-size wedding guest dresses for curvy women
Finding a dress that fits you and your body can be a serious pain, but don’t worry. We’ve done the hard work for you and picked out five dresses that will work for even the bustiest and curviest of ladies.
- On a budget. Forever 21 has you covered once again with this Crochet Lace Peasant Dress. It has long sleeves to provide arm coverage, but it’s still light enough to keep you cool on a hot day.
- Play it safe. If you know Aunt Janice is going to comment on your cleavage, you might want to stick with something like this Embroidered High-Low Gown by Adrianna Papell. You’ll look traditional enough to please your relatives while still showing your unique personality with a fun hemline.
- Splurge. If you want to spend a little more on a dress, Eliza J Bell’s Sleeve Tiered Ruffle Dress is adorable. It’s sure to turn heads at the wedding you’re attending and all season long. Totally worth the splurge.
- Destination wedding. The ASOS Mini Tea Dress with High Neck is super ready to get married on a beach. Or, you know, watch someone else get married on a beach.
- Black tie formal. If you’re going to a seriously formal wedding, you’ll need a dress to fit the occasion. We’d suggest something like Torrid’s Red Off Shoulder Embroidered Chiffon Dress. It’s bold and fun while still being traditional and classy.
Top deals on dresses October 2020
Popular Dresses coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 Aug 2020||Extra 50% off sale styles||EXT****|
|23 Oct 2020||Enjoy 10% off your first purchase||FI****|
|4 May 2018||Free shipping on orders $65+||FRE****|
|30 Mar 2018||Free shipping on orders over $40||004****|
|17 Oct 2020||Take 50% off American Eagle clearance fashion||********|
More guides on Finder
What to expect from Walmart’s Big Save Event
Get ready to shop Walmart’s upcoming Big Save Event to rival Amazon Prime Day, offering discounts on everything from cute winter dresses to Roku products.
Lululemon Boxing Day sales 2020
Score savings on the season’s hottest athleisure trends with the Boxing Day sales from Lululemon.
Top high-waisted joggers in 2020
See top picks for this fall/winter trend, starting at under $20. If these don’t suit your style, learn where you can shop for more — no matter your budget.
Where to buy nap dresses for your WFH or lounging look
Find breezy frocks that’ll suit lazy days.
Labor Day sales 2020
Browse top deals on appliances, TVs, furniture and more at your backyard barbecue.
20 top European summer festivals in August 2020
The music and culture festivals that are set to sizzle in Europe this summer.
Top 30+ American-made jeans
You don’t have to sacrifice style to shop American-made.
Where to buy Baby Yoda merchandise
Wait, you must not. Save yourself from the Dark Side with meme-frenzied merch.
Where to buy Christmas gift baskets and sets online
Start checking those names off your holiday shopping list, while bagging lovely, festive gifts.
Lord and Taylor Friends and Family sale: What to expect
Save up to 30% on nearly all dresses, beauty items and more.
Ask an Expert