WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account review
A line of credit that can help you buy merchandise and build your credit score.
- Get this card if you want to shop Fingerhut’s online catalog and potentially raise your credit score.
- Pick something else if you want a credit card you can use widely with other merchants.
- Apply if you’re rebuilding your credit.
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
Because of its high interest rate and lack of rewards, it’s inferior to a simple flat-rate card such as the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®. Furthermore, Fingerhut’s products largely have inflated prices, so you may find little upside to shopping with the provider.
If you have less-than-perfect credit, however, the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account may offer much higher approval odds. Furthermore, Fingerhut will report your payment history to the three major credit bureaus, which will boost your credit if you consistently make on-time payments.
How to apply for the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Complete the application with details like your name, email address, Social Security number, date of birth and annual income.
- Review and submit your application.
- No annual fee. Similar credit cards may come with annual fees, but you won’t have to worry about paying a fee here.
- Build your credit history. If you have less-than-stellar credit, the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account may be for you. It reports to all three major credit bureaus, so you may be able to rebuild your credit with on-time payments.
- Low monthly payments. You could enjoy payments as low as $6.99 per month.
What you might pay each month
Your minimum payment will change depending on your balance. Here are a few ranges of account balances and their estimated minimum payments, based on the card agreement as of December 2018.
|Account balance||Minimum payment|
|Up to $6.98||100% of balance|
|$6.99 to $44.99||$6.99|
|$45 to $69.99||$7.99|
|$70 to $99.99||$8.99|
|$100 to $124.99||$10.99|
|$125 to $199.99||$14.99|
|$200 to $249.99||$17.99|
|$250 to $299.99||$20.99|
|$300 to $349.99||$23.99|
You’ll also like …
- Get a credit decision in seconds. Fill out Fingerhut’s application in just a few minutes. Conditional approval is automated on the Fingerhut website, so you can receive a decision almost immediately.
What to watch out for
- You may receive a high APR. Cards similar to this one often have APRs of up to 30% variable. Check out WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account‘s terms and conditions for its current APR.
- Late and returned payment fees. For each late or returned payment, you may incur a fee of up to $38.
Compare store cards
What should I know before I apply?
Check Fingerhut’s website and collect the necessary information before applying for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You have a valid Social Security number.
- Your name and your current residential address.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Amount of available income.
What credit score do I need?
Fingerhut doesn’t specify a minimum credit score, but it says the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account is helpful to those trying to rebuild credit.
WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account reviews and complaints
Many customers say their credit has increased after they signed up for the card.
Fingerhut’s parent company, Bluestem Brands, Inc., is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and receives a B+ rating from the agency. As of October 2020, Bluestem Brands, Inc. has over 2,500 customer complaints. Unhappy customers complain of difficulty making payments, poor-quality merchandise, unsolicited marketing and unexpected finance charges.
I got the card. Now what?
- Consider making more than the minimum payment each month. You may have low payments, but it’s a good idea to pay off your purchases as soon as possible. This helps you avoid potentially high interest charges.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with fees of up to $40.
- Contact customer service. Call 800-208-2500 to speak with Fingerhut customer service. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.
If you want to frequently shop on the Fingerhut website, the WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account may be right for you. You can also use the account to build your credit.
As with any credit card or line of credit, read the fine print and compare your options before you make a choice.