WP Engine web hosting review
A host for individuals and businesses looking to create or expand their online presence.
Focused solely on WordPress hosting, WP Engine provides users with a range of plans tailored specifically to the WordPress content management system (CMS). With WP Engine, you can build and customize your site, choose from over 40,000 WordPress plugins and access 24/7 tech support.
WP Engine pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
- Designed for personal blogs and small websites
- Automated SSL certificates
- 24/7 chat support
- Global content delivery network
- Designed for small- to medium-sized businesses
- Includes everything offered in the Startup plan
- 24/7 phone support
- Imported SSL certificates
- Designed for growing and large businesses
- Includes the same features as the Growth plan
- Can host more sites and handle greater traffic than the Growth plan
- Designed for large businesses and enterprises
- Includes everything offered in the Scale plan
- Customizable speeds, bandwidth and storage
- Consultative and managed onboarding
- Geo-targeting provides location specific content
Pros and cons
- Customizable plans
- 24/7 support available
- Offers launch readiness assessments
- SSL certificates available
- Only offers WordPress hosting
- Additional costs for hosting from UK, DE and AU data centers
- Additional costs for exceeding traffic allowances
Compare web hosting services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How to open a WP Engine account
- Choose a plan. Have a look at each plan’s specs and inclusions that suit your needs. You can also customize a plan and choose your storage amounts, bandwidth allocations and more.
- Decide on extras. You will be directed to a page that allows you to choose extras. These include additional sites, “GeoTarget” for localization and content performance tracking tools such as Google Analytics.
- Set up your website. Time to design your site, or move it from your previous hosting platform. The WordPress content management system has over 40,000 plugins to choose from, designed for a mix of industries and needs.
While WP Engine offers individuals and businesses a range of WordPress hosting plans that can be customized, it only offers WordPress hosting plans. You may want to compare other providers if you’re interested in other types of web hosting.