SiteGround web hosting review
Scalable services with 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
SiteGround provides four different web hosting services to more than one million domains. The WordPress-recommended host offers fully managed WordPress hosting options as well as hosting support for several popular apps and programs.
If you need help setting up your site, customer support is available 24/7, and you can receive a refund up to 30 days after purchasing your hosting plan if it falls short of your website needs.
SiteGround pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|VPS hosting||VPS plans not available|
|Windows hosting||Windows plans not available|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
SiteGround offers shared and cloud hosting services that are WordPress-supported. The provider also offers enterprise solutions for large companies who need customized services, and supported and managed hosting for those who want to optimize their use of certain apps and platforms.
- Power Server and Super Power Server plans available
- Entry Server plan is sold out for the Asia-Pacific region but available in the United States and Europe
- 960+GB SSD
- 4-12 CPU cores
- 32-64GB RAM
- 10TB bandwidth
- StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek plans available
- 10-30GB web space
- 10,000-100,000 monthly visits
- Free site transfer, website builder and cPanel included with all plans
- Managed WordPress hosting
- Entry, Business, Business Plus and Super Power plans available
- 2-8 CPU cores
- 4-10GB memory
- 40-120GB SSD space
- 5TB data transfer
- Reseller hosting plans are available for web developers and designers. These plans are priced per amount of “reseller credits” you wish to use. All accounts start with 10GB web space, daily backups, free email accounts, unmetered date transfer and white label options.
- SiteGround also offers an Enterprise hosting plan, providing custom-built hosting for large companies. An account manager is included with every plan to give your organization personalized support. Prices start at $2,000 per month and can go over $10,000 per month depending on your needs.
What types of web hosting does SiteGround not offer?
- VPS hosting
- Windows hosting
What content management systems (CMS) does SiteGround support?
SiteGround offers managed WordPress services for all its plans and options for supported Joomla, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop and WooCommerce hosting.
Pros and cons
- Custom Enterprising hosting services for large businesses
- Managed support for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal software
- 24/7 customer support via phone, email and live chat
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growths
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Windows operating system not available
- No VPS hosting plans offered
- Domain name cost is not included in all plans
- No month-to-month shared hosting plans
Compare web hosting services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I open a SiteGround account?
SiteGround’s setup is a three-step process that involves:
- Choosing a plan. Consider what resources your website will need and select a plan accordingly. Remember, you can always scale your plan up as your website grows.
- Registering your domain name. Whether you are transferring an existing domain name to SiteGround or registering for a new one, you will have to pay an annual fee.
- Designing your site. Now that you’ve signed up for a plan you can log in and install platforms such as WordPress or Joomla in a single click to start creating your website. If you are unsatisfied with your SiteGround hosting service you can get your money back up to 30 days after signing up.
SiteGround’s 30-day money-back guarantee is enough of a reason to give the service a spin to see if fits the needs of your personal or business website. But if you want to see what other web hosting services are out there, read a few of our reviews before choosing the next host for your site.