Namecheap web hosting review
A provider that offers shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated, reseller and email hosting plans for websites of all sizes.
Namecheap is a web hosting provider that manages over 10 million domains worldwide. Namecheap offers a variety of customizable hosting options to meet your specific individual or business needs. Customers can also use Namecheap to purchase additional products such as SSL certificates and design their websites using a website builder tool.
Namecheap pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|Cloud hosting||Cloud plans not available|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
- Three plans are available: Stellar, Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
- All plans include unmetered bandwidth and a website builder.
- Plans are easily scalable with features such as unlimited disc space and unlimited websites.
- Can be hosted in US or UK data centers.
- Two plans are available: Pulsar and Quasar, offering monthly, quarterly or yearly billing.
- Both plans include a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Plans can be scaled as your needs change.
- Plans are customizable with add-ons including extra disk space, storage and bandwidth.
- Three plans are available: EasyWP Starter, EasyWP Turbo and EasyWP Supersonic.
- Managed WordPress hosting allows for simple website design and development and specialized support.
- Can be easily scaled as your website grows.
- Choose from thousands of themes and plugins to help design your site.
Dedicated server hosting
- Three main plans are available: Xeon E3-1230 v5, Xeon E-2136 and Dual Xeon Silver 4208
- Plans are customizable.
- Clearance (used) servers are available at cheaper prices.
- Servers can be self-managed, partially managed or entirely managed by Namecheap.
- Three main plans are available: Nebula, Galaxy Expert and Universe Pro, with monthly, quarterly or yearly billing.
- Galaxy Expert and Universe Pro allow for unlimited resold accounts.
- All plans come with a free cPanel/WHM.
- Plans come with access to Namecheap’s SSL reseller program.
- Three plans available: Starter, Pro and Ultimate.
- Plans are available with yearly subscriptions only, but allow a two-month free trial.
- All plans include anti-spam protection.
- Email hosting provides email, calendar, contact and task management systems.
What web hosting types does Namecheap not offer?
Namecheap doesn’t offer cloud web hosting services, but cloud email servers are available.
Which content management systems (CMS) does Namecheap support?
While Namecheap focuses on WordPress web hosting, you can also use several other content management systems to help you build a professional-looking website including Joomla, Drupal, Magento and Moodle.
Pros and cons
- Customizable plans available for dedicated and VPS hosting.
- Scalable plans can accommodate website growth.
- Email, calendar, contact and file sharing interfaces are available for businesses.
- Some plans have a 30-day money back guarantee or free trial offer.
- No cloud hosting plans available.
- Shared hosting has limited processing capabilities.
- Monthly prices are more expensive than yearly plans.
- Domain name fees increase after the first year.
Compare web hosting services
How to open a Namecheap account
- Choose a plan. Browse the site to find the best web hosting plan for your needs. Be aware that many hosting plans are cheaper if you pay for an entire year instead of month to month.
- Transfer an old domain or pick a new one. Once you choose a plan, you’ll be asked if you want to transfer an existing domain name, buy a new one or use a free one. Remember that domain name fees increase after the first year with some hosting plans.
- Decide on extras. Extra features can be added at checkout, including a premium Domain Name System (DNS) platform.
- Design your website. Namecheap has its own website building tool that allows you to use pre-existing templates or design your site from scratch.
Namecheap offers wide variety of customizable plans to meet your web hosting needs. But pricing structures vary, and monthly billing options can be more expensive than yearly plans. Be sure to shop around and compare with other web hosting providers to find the one that best suits your needs.