InMotion web hosting review
A provider that offers 5 different types of web hosting, so you can scale up easily when your site expands.
InMotion offers shared, VPS, dedicated, reseller and WordPress hosting services. If you choose a shared business, VPS or dedicated hosting plan of six months or more your purchase is protected with a 90-day money back guarantee. Dedicated hosting plans, and monthly VPS and reseller packages are eligible for a 30-day money back guarantee.
If you have any problems with your InMotion web hosting, customer support is available 24/7 via phone, live chat, email, online tutorials and a community-based Q and A forum.
What is InMotion?
Since 2001, InMotion has provided web hosting services for over 300,000 websites. The web host is a winner of 70 web-hosting awards and has 15 years of CNET certifications.
InMotion pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|Cloud hosting||Cloud plans not available|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
Managed VPS plans
- Three levels
- Free SSL certificate
Self-managed VPS plans
- Eight cloud VPS options
- Free backups
- Complete server control
- Three levels
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free one-click installer
- WordPress plans are fully managed
- Four levels plus one WordPress-VPS option
- Get your website online within minutes
- Managed dedicated and bare metal dedicated server plans — high performance and commercial-class
- Three tiers each
- 99.999% net uptime
- Six levels
- Host your own clients
- Free server management
What hosting types InMotion not offer?
InMotion does not offer cloud web hosting.
Pros and cons
- Unlimited storage and traffic on all plans
- 24/7 customer support
- Money-back guarantee
- Must pay two years up front to get the best advertised price
- No option for a Windows server, only Linux and Unix
- Higher rates than many competitors
Compare web hosting services
How to open a InMotion account
- Select your desired plan. You’ll need to commit to and pay for two years of service to get the lowest price.
- Choose server location. You’ll need to choose which US data center location your audience will likely prefer: Los Angeles or Washington, D.C.
- Pick apps. You also have the option to go with a free, automatic app installer for WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop or BoldGrid.
- Register domain name. All InMotion customers can register a domain name for free, but domain privacy costs extra. If you’re transferring over an existing website, InMotion promises the switch will be free and uninterrupted.
- Design your website. Once your InMotion account is set up, you can design the perfect site for your blog or business. Keep in mind, if your new hosting doesn’t meet your needs, you’ve got a full 90 days to get your money back.
InMotion has won many web hosting awards and offers a money-back guarantee, however, you’ll pay slightly more compared to competitors. If you’re unsure if InMotion is the ideal host for your website, compare your web hosting options before making any decisions.