HostPapa web hosting review
A provider with adaptable plans for websites of all sizes.
HostPapa is an independent Canadian web hosting provider delivering a range of web hosting services and plans. It operates in Canada, US, Australia, Belgium, France Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain and the UK. Also, its services are made more accessible through detailed infographics included in its How-to blog, an added advantage for web-builder novices.
HostPapa is also green-certified. Its website claims to be 100% powered by certified green renewable energy sources to power its data centers, web servers, office computers, laptops and office spaces.
HostPapa pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|Dedicated hosting||Dedicated plans not available|
|Cloud hosting||Cloud plans not available|
|Windows hosting||Windows plans not available|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
Three plans available: Starter, Business and Business Pro
- Use the website builder or or install WordPress with one click.
- Free domain registration and unmetered bandwidth.
Managed shared hosting
- Professional support for shared hosting
- PapaSquad support to walk you through the website builder
- Three plans available: WP Starter, WP Business and WP Business Pro
- Free domain registration and unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL certificates and advanced firewalls for additional security
- Scalable accounts
- Free website and email migrations
- Optional self-managed or fully managed service
- Host unlimited domains and websites
- Optimized for e-commerce
What web hosting types does HostPapa not offer?
HostPapa doesn’t offer cloud, dedicated or Windows hosting services.
What content management systems are compatible with HostPapa?
Pros and cons
- Accessible and easy to read blogs contain infographics.
- Good for small businesses.
- Starter plan allows for two websites.
- Low starting costs cater to small and new websites.
- Scalable plans can accommodate website growth.
- No dedicated or cloud hosting services available.
- Plan renewal costs can be high.
- High-priced add-ons at checkout.
- Required to subscribe to at least 1 year term.
- No free trial.
Compare web hosting services
How to open a HostPapa account
- Choose your plan. Select your server location and your billing term of 12-, 24- or 36-month terms. It advertises a monthly breakdown, but you’ll pay for the term up front. If you need website security and backup, those add-ons cost extra.
- Select your free domain name. Create your own, or choose to transfer an existing domain name.
- Enter account and payment details. Provide your name, address, phone and email information. Choose to pay using a credit card or PayPal.
- Design your website. Once your account is set up, log in and design your website. If your HostPapa plan doesn’t meet your needs, you have 30 days to get your money back. Keep in mind, this refund does not apply to domain name registration.
HostPapa is a solid option for small business owners looking for web hosting at an affordable price. However, there’s no free trial to see if this host is right for your website needs. If HostPapa doesn’t seem like a fit, compare your web hosting options.