GoDaddy web hosting review
One of the largest domain name registrars for sites large and small.
GoDaddy provides a wide range of hosting services to more than 17.5 million customers including shared, business, VPS, dedicated, WordPress and reseller hosting. The company offers hosting plans for both Linux and Windows operating systems, and 24/7 customer service.
GoDaddy pricing and plan options
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|Cloud hosting||Cloud plans not available|
What web hosting types does GoDaddy not offer?
GoDaddy doesn’t offer cloud hosting services.
What content management systems (CMS) does GoDaddy support?
GoDaddy supports WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and more than 120 additional applications.
Pros and cons
- Windows and Linux options
- Shared, business, WordPress, VPS, dedicated and reseller services available
- 24/7 customer service
- Auto-install, 60-second WordPress setup
- No cloud hosting services
- Increased renewal prices
- Unmetered bandwidth is limited within what GoDaddy considers reasonable usage
- No money-back guarantee
Compare web hosting services
How to open a GoDaddy account
- Choose a plan. You can choose from shared, business, WordPress, VPS, dedicated and reseller hosting plans based your website needs.
- Register your domain name. You can easily register a new domain name with GoDaddy. Domain registration for most 12-month plans is free. You can also transfer over an existing domain name to GoDaddy when you sign up for an account.
- Design your website. You can use more than 120 systems and applications to design and optimize your website. If you need any help getting started, you can contact customer support 24/7 online or by phone.
As the largest registrar on the Internet, GoDaddy offers a wide variety of web hosting services with 24/7 customer service. But the lack of cloud services and no money-back guarantees could hold you back. Consider other web hosting providers to decide which one best meets your website needs.