Bluehost web hosting review
Choose from a variety of plans with this popular hosting provider.
Bluehost is a popular web hosting platform that easily integrates with WordPress. It offers shared, dedicated and VPS hosting for websites of all sizes. Its features and customization are intuitive for beginners — but includes features perfect for advanced users. But watch out for advanced pricing — you may have to prepay for multiple years when you sign up.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost was developed in 2003 based on open-source code and now hosts more than 2 million websites. Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress and can optimize more than 80 open-source website platforms to fit your specific needs. It blocks spammers and isolates heavy-traffic sites so they don’t bog down your loading speed.
Bluehost pricing and plan options
Plans start at $3.95 a month, with the first month free. Choose from various hosting plans to meet the needs of your website.
|Plan||Prices starting at|
|Reseller hosting||Reseller plans not available|
Pros and cons
Bluehost offers a variety of dedicated hosting plans for websites of all sizes, but it doesn’t include reseller hosting plans. Weigh the other pros and cons before choosing a platform.
- Choose from standard, WordPress, cloud, VPS and dedicated hosting plans
- More than 80 open-source platforms
- Unmetered traffic capacity on all plans
- Free domain name
- Scalable plans to grow with your site
- 1-click WordPress installation
- In-house tech support available 24/7
- Limited storage space on basic plan
- Security costs extra
- Some contracts require a 3-year commitment
Compare web hosting services
How to open a Bluehost account
- Register your domain. Decide whether you want to register a new domain or transfer one you already have. All hosting packages from Bluehost come with a free domain name.
- Choose a plan. Once you determine what you need for your website, select and pay for a Bluehost hosting plan. To get the lowest price advertised, you have to make a three-year commitment.
- Decide on extras. Purchase extra features that added security, power, speed and functionality. This includes unique IPs, SSL certificates, domain privacy, the anti-malware SiteLock, Site Backup Pro and spam protection powered by Google.
- Set up your website. Design your website, and contact support 24/7 with any questions.
You have 30 days to cancel Bluehost and get your money back if you find the platform is not for you.
There’s no denying that Bluehost is one of the more popular web hosting services, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you’re interested in reseller hosting. Compare all of your web hosting options to find a combination of features you want at price that’s in your budget.