Save with free shipping, weekly savings and new Walmart+.
Known for its everyday low prices on hundreds of items, Walmart is expanding its savings opportunities with free shipping, free returns and a new membership program called Walmart+, aimed at rivaling Amazon Prime. See how to maximize savings when shopping online at Walmart.com, snag a coupon code and see what other customers say about their shopping experiences.
Orders over $35
- Low prices. Find weekly deals and cheap prices on thousands of household items.
- Smart shipping options. Pay $13 monthly for free shipping on all orders or get free shipping on orders over $35.
- Baby and wedding registries. Make things simple for your guests while getting exactly what you want most.
- Online grocery shopping. Hassle-free grocery shopping for pickup at your local Walmart. Delivery fees vary by order.
- Free returns. Typically, you’ll have 90 days to make your return, which can be done by mail, in person or through a scheduled pickup.
- Low customer ratings. We looked through Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot and found some disappointing reviews regarding customer service and delivery issues.
- International shipping restrictions. Walmart.com doesn’t ship outside the US, including Canada. However, it ships to APO/FPO military addresses, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Walmart reviews and complaints
The big-box retailer clocks in at a measly 1.5 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot. The majority of recent comments are about significant delivery delays during the holidays, with some shoppers complaining that customer service agents were unhelpful and completed orders were never shipped.
The BBB shows similar complaints, where the retailer only received 1.07 out of 5 stars. Shoppers were disappointed about delays in shipping and customer service agents who gave incorrect information about the status of their order.
What can I buy at Walmart.com?
- Electronics. Find great deals on the latest electronics and gadgets like tablets, no-contract smartphones and gaming consoles.
- Clothing. Browse tons of clothing options with specialty sizes that include Women’s Plus, Juniors, Big & Tall and Maternity Wear.
- Health and beauty. Find all of your personal care and beauty items, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, makeup and nail polish.
- Furniture and appliances. Save on bedroom sets, kids furniture and small and large appliances.
- Toys. Whether shopping for toddlers or teens, choose from plenty of toys at affordable prices.
- Groceries and pet supplies. Order groceries online, adding items to your virtual cart for pickup at your local Walmart.
- Rollbacks and clearance. Get the lowest of low prices on everything from paper towels to sports equipment.
Here’s a quick rundown of the sizes you can find at Walmart:
- Women (2-18)
- Women’s Plus (16W-32W)
- Women’s Petite (2-18)
- Women’s Tall (2-18)
- Men (S-XL)
- Men’s Big and Tall (2XL-2XLT)
- Junior’s (S-XXL)
- Junior’s Plus (1X-3X)
Head to Walmart’s sizing guide page for a full breakdown of sizes based on height, chest, waist and hip measurements.
Shipping, payments and returns
Can I get free delivery?
Yes! Spend $35 or more and you can score free delivery. If you’re enrolled in the retailer’s paid subscription service Walmart+, you can get free next-day and two-day delivery with no minimum payment.
You won’t know the shipping costs until you reach the checkout stage. Shipping totals can vary based on:
- Location. Areas that include Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
- Freight. Oversized items are pricier.
- Vendor. Marketplace shipping charges apply for items sold by Walmart’s partner retailers.
Use the following payment options while shopping at Walmart:
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
- Chase Pay
- Walmart gift cards
- Affirm financing
Returning your order
How do I return an item to Walmart?
You have 90 days to return your item to Walmart unless otherwise noted. Returns are free, and you’ll get applicable taxes and fees refunded as well. If you’re bringing the item back to the store, follow these steps for in-store returns:
- Head to Walmart’s returns page to initiate the process.
- Select In-store returns.
- Look out for a confirmation email, which you’ll need to bring to the store with you.
Reminder: Make sure your item is in its original package and bring your receipt if you still have it.
Here’s how to return your Walmart.com order by mail:
- Head to your account page to view your order history.
- Select the item you want to return.
- Choose Return by mail or Replace to print your shipping label.
- Place your item in its original packaging and drop it off at Fedex or USPS.
Reminder: You can arrange for a pickup if you’re returning or replacing a larger item.
Walmart has also introduced an at-home return process, which allows customers to hand off their item to FedEx without leaving the house. Follow these steps to initiate this type of return:
- Go to the Walmart website or open the Walmart app.
- Log into your account.
- Open your purchase history.
- Find the item that you want to return and click or tap Return.
- Choose Carrier pickup and select your appointment date.
- Print out the return label.
- Pack up your item, affix the label and hand it off to FedEx.
Reminder: Third-party items purchased online are not eligible for Carrier Pickup.
How to shop on Walmart.com’s online marketplace
Walmart Marketplace features millions of items from third-party sellers, including furniture, clothing and electronics. Here’s what you need to know about making purchases from a Marketplace Seller.
Is the payment process different?
No. You’ll go through the same secure payment process as when you shop items directly from Walmart.com. Walmart will process your payment and won’t share your credit card information with the third-party seller.
How do I contact a Marketplace Seller?
If you have a question after making a purchase, you can reach out directly to the seller.
- Go to your Walmart.com account.
- Select the item you want to inquire about and click “see details”.
- Select “contact seller”.
Worth noting: Don’t worry about delayed responses, Walmart requires sellers to get back to you within 48 hours of receiving the message.
How do I return a marketplace item?
You can return items purchased from a Marketplace Seller by mail or at your local Walmart. If you’re returning your items to a store, be sure to package them ahead of time, as Walmart won’t accept returns that aren’t in boxes and ready for shipment. They will, however, print shipping labels.
You should receive a refund to your payment card about 5 days after the return is processed.
While return policies may differ depending on the Marketplace Seller, all customers will have 14 days to return electronics and luxury items and 30 days for other items.
What sets Walmart apart?
If you’re on the hunt for budget-friendly prices and a wide range of products in one place, Walmart will probably have what you need. We particularly love the retailer’s inclusive clothing sizes and free return policy.
Another standout feature is Walmart+ — a membership service for $12.95/month that offers free shipping, next-day delivery and discounts on fuel.
Not sure if it’s for you? Give it a try for free during a 15-day trial period.
Quick savings tip: If you purchase the annual membership for Walmart+ it’s $98/year — which is a chunk of change less than Amazon Prime’s $119/year.
How can I contact customer support?
Chat with a customer support agent through the live chat function on Walmart.com or call 800-925-6278.
Save money on clothing, tech, furniture and much more when you shop Walmart — but take note that it has a poor reputation for customer service around the web when it comes to online shopping.