Walmart is the king of big-box stores, but did you know you can shop online?
Walmart offers household products, clothing, tires, tools and even groceries. And, you can get most of it online at Walmart.com. Get free shipping over $50 on household items, or fill an online grocery cart and pick up items at your local Walmart.
What can I buy at Walmart.com?
- Electronics. Find great deals on the latest electronics and gadgets like tablets, no-contract smartphones and gaming consoles.
- Clothing. Browse tons of clothing options with specialty sizes that include Women’s Plus, Juniors, Big & Tall and Maternity Wear.
- Health and beauty. Find all of your personal care and beauty items, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, makeup and nail polish.
- Furniture and appliances. Save on bedroom sets, kids furniture and small and large appliances.
- Toys. Whether shopping for toddlers or teens, choose from plenty of toys at affordable prices.
- Groceries and pet supplies. Order groceries online, adding items to your virtual cart for pickup at your local Walmart.
- Rollbacks and clearance. Get the lowest of low prices on everything from paper towels to sports equipment.
How does Walmart Grocery work?
Their answer to Amazon Fresh and other grocery delivering options, Walmart Grocery is a new pickup and delivery service that lets you – that’s right – go grocery shopping online. As of this writing the service is only in select locations, so enter your zip code on the Walmart grocery website to check availability. Once inside, shop for groceries by adding your items and quantities to your cart. Check out and choose delivery (if available) or pickup.
Aside from the convenience factor, they claim that they don’t mark up the prices on the website from the store prices, so if you use the free pickup option you’ll get the same price as shopping in-store.
Watch our review of Walmart Plus, a new service that delivers your groceries the same day you order them:
- Picking up is always free
- Delivery fees vary based on your location
- Pick up and delivery times are available in 2 or 4 hour windows
- They’ll even bring your bags out to your car
- Walmart grocery is open from 7am to 11pm, so while you can order at any time, your pickup or delivery will fall between those times.
Pros and cons of Walmart.com
- Large variety of items. Everything you need all in one place.
- Baby and wedding registries. Make things simple on your guests while getting exactly what you want most.
- Weekly savings. Check online for weekly ads at your local Walmart.
- Smart shipping options. Enjoy free shipping on orders over $35.
- Online grocery shopping. Hassle-free grocery shopping for pickup at your local Walmart. Delivery fees vary by order.
- Return policy can vary. Items come with a 15-, 30- or 90-day return policy, so double-check your receipt before making a return.
- International shipping restrictions. Walmart.com does not ship outside the US, including Canada. However, it ships to APO/FPO military addresses, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Shipping, returns and site-to-store
Walmart.com offers three shipping options:
|Online to Store.||Some items are eligible for an extra “Pickup Discount” if you pick it up at your local store. Orders can be ready as soon as same day, or, 3-5 business days.|
|Standard.||Delivered in 3 to 5 business days. Free on orders $35 and up.|
|Expedited.||Delivered in 2 business days. Free on select items, with orders $35 and up.|
Walmart.com doesn’t ship internationally. Exceptions are APO/FPO military addresses, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Most items purchased online can be returned by mail or at a Walmart location. Return policies vary by department, with items allowing for 15-, 30- or 90-day return windows. All returns must be made with the original manufacturer’s packaging.
Site to Store
Walmart offers free pickup in store if you choose site-to-store option at checkout. Your order is held at the services/store pickup area, usually toward the back of the store – if it includes jewelry, the order is held at the jewelry counter.
Most site-to-store pickup times range from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week. bring a government issued photo ID and your order number (email or text alert). You have seven days from the time you order to pick up your items at the store, after that they are returned and you are issued a refund. Same day site-to-store is not offered in Alaska, Hawaii or US territories.