Bottom line: Let its intuitive app or website walk you through buying one or more policies step by step. But its car insurance policy isn’t available as of April 2022.
Waffle car insurance review
- Roadside assistance
- New car protection
- Info not available
- Accident forgiveness
If you’re looking to manage your car insurance online while getting wide coverage, Waffle might be the right fit for you ― once its car insurance policy rolls out. We’re impressed with its intuitive app and website — you simply create an account, tap the insurance policies you need and answer basic questions one by one. You can get multiple policies in minutes.
Waffle also helps you understand your policy, explaining your coverage in everyday language. You’ll boost the value of its service if you bundle policies, saving hours on filling out multiple insurance forms. Since the founders aren’t fans of exclusions or fine print, rest assured that you have wide protection for whatever you’re insuring with the company.
However, you can’t buy Waffle’s policies in every state, and you’ll need to use its website if you own an Android. For now, the app is only available in the Apple store.
And even though Waffle is technically a broker, it will only sell car insurance through its partner, Clearcover. If you’re curious about companies that Waffle doesn’t partner with, you’ll want to compare more car insurance companies on your own.
Quotes multiple policies at once
Wide coverage with few exclusions
User-friendly quote tool with basic questions
Explains your policy in plain language
Live chat in the app
Policies not available in every state
Needs time for customer ratings
App not for Android yet
No phone support
|States served||All 50 states|
|New car protection||Info not available|
|Rideshare coverage||Info not available|
No info available
|Anti-theft device discount||Info not available|
|Bundling discount||Info not available|
|Defensive driving discount||Info not available|
|Good student discount||Info not available|
|Loyalty discount||Info not available|
|Homeowner discount||Info not available|
|Military discount||Info not available|
|Safety device discount||Info not available|
|Special employment discount||Info not available|
|Usage-based discount||Info not available|
|Other discounts||Info not available|
Get the cheapest quotes on your auto insurance
Enter your ZIP code to see insurers near you.
Your information is secure.
What car insurance coverage can I get through Waffle?
Waffle hasn’t released its car insurance policy yet, but you can expect to see at least these types of coverage.
- Bodily injury liability. Protects you if you injure other drivers or passengers and helps pay legal expenses if they take you to court.
- Property damage liability. Pays to repair or replace other people’s property or belongings, like the other driver’s car if you cause the damage.
- Collision. Covers your own car’s repairs, or for another car when you’re responsible for an accident.
- Comprehensive. Kicks in for nearly any type of damage that’s not related to hitting another car, such as storm damage, vandalism or theft.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist. Comes into play when another driver hits your car or injures you but doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for all your expenses.
- Personal injury protection. Helps you or your passengers pay for medical bills if you’re injured in an accident.
How do I contact Waffle?
Connect with Waffle online to ask questions about how its service works.
- Email. Send your message or questions to email@example.com.
- App. The Waffle app includes a handy chat feature to help you get your questions answered quickly.
How to make a claim through Waffle
Use your Waffle account to guide you to the right place for filing your claim.
- From Waffle’s home screen, choose Something bad happened.
- Enter the insurance policy that your situation falls under, like pet or renters insurance.
- Waffle directs you to the insurance company’s online claims tool or lets you know how to contact the company.
- Follow the prompts or steps to enter details about what happened.
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked