Vayama closed in September 2020, so you can no longer book flights, hotels, car rentals or airport transfers through its website. If you have an outstanding trip booked through Vayama, you should be able to access it by logging into your account. Contact its customer service team via email with any questions.
For a roundup of our favorite travel discounts and coupons happening how, head to our travel deals page.
Got wanderlust? Vayama thinks it can help by sourcing flights with routes around the globe. But its poor customer service reputation is cause for hesitation.
What sets this brand apart?
Vayama wants to be your go-to site for booking international travel. But does it offer more than similar travel sites around the web?
To be blunt, no. Vayama’s clean design and user-friendly layout is certainly handy, and there’s no doubt that it can help you locate and book international flights — but it lacks a competitive edge. The hefty customer service fees signal caution, and the fact that it doesn’t have a rewards program means you could earn more bang for your buck elsewhere.
What is Vayama?
Vayama is an online travel agency that specializes in international flights. It can help you search and compare 800+ airlines around the world in just a couple of clicks. It’s owned by Travix, a travel company that also owns CheapTickets and BudgetAir, among other sites.
What can I buy from Vayama?
Vayama can help you locate and book the following:
How do I get my confirmation and tickets?
After making a purchase, the order confirmation will be sent to your email, along with any e-tickets that you’ll need.
How do I pay with Vayama?
Accepted payment methods vary, depending on what you’re booking. Here’s the breakdown:
- American Express
Most major credit cards are accepted, but not PayPal.
Accepted payment methods vary, depending on the provider and location.
- American Express
- Diners Club
When’s the next sale?
Vayama can help you locate promotions and deals from airlines and other providers throughout the year.
Score a $10 discount by signing up for its email newsletter, which ensures you have first dibs on giveaways and sales.
It also advertises that exclusive offers are available over the phone. Call 855-999-6714 to inquire about promotions.
Special offers from Vayama
It looks like we don't have any coupons at the moment.
Pros and cons
Weigh a few more benefits and drawbacks:
- It’s got great filter options for hotels. Vayama partners with Booking.com to connect you with hotels. There, you can filter by neighborhood, accessibility, distance from downtown, beach access and more to ensure your stay is exactly what you’ve had in mind.
- It searches a huge number of airlines. From Turkish Airlines to TAP Air Portugal, KLM to Air France and hundreds more, Vayama helps you compare international fares all in one place, which can save budget travelers lots of time.
- Hefty ticket change and cancellation fees. Vayama charges a $100 fee if you want to change or cancel a flight purchase — in addition to fees the airline charges.
- Service fees on domestic and international flights. Expect to pay an extra $25 in service fees when booking domestic flights, and $50 for international flights.
- Poor customer service reputation. 130+ customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau average out to just one star. The general sentiment is that Vayama doesn’t go out of its way to help with problems that occur after you’ve purchased the tickets, such as flight cancellation and delays or unexpected circumstances.
Vayama can certainly help you locate and book international flights. But reviews about its customer service reputation leave a sour taste, so it may be worth checking out some of the top-rated travel sites that offer rewards programs and best price guarantees.
Traveling during COVID-19
The CDC continues to advise caution when traveling within or outside the US, though it no longer requires self-quarantine or a COVID-19 test
for fully vaccinated travelers as of April 2021. It recommends that you delay travel if you are not fully vaccinated to protect yourself and your family from getting or spreading the virus.
When traveling, follow safety measures that include wearing a mask in public, social distancing and washing your hands. If you are diagnosed with, have symptoms of or are waiting for COVID-19 test results — or are otherwise at risk of illness — do not attend gatherings or travel for 14 days.
Frequently asked questions