All you need is love — and a funny, heartfelt or inspirational way to convey it.
Many of us are looking to get Valentine’s Day just right. Borrow from greater romantics and quote something sweet or even salty for a surefire way to win the heart you’re looking to woo.
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from TV
Love to binge watch with your honey? There’s no better way to show them you’ve been paying attention than with a quote in your Valentine from a fave show.
The small screen offers many ways to express your feelings, no matter if you’ve racked up years together or are plucking up the courage to confess a crush.
- “Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I’m yours.”– Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
- “When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me. It’s you.”– Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill
- “The things that you have done for me to help me, support me, surprise me, to make me happy, go above and beyond what any person deserves. You’re all I need. I love you and I like you.”– Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
- “It’s like my life isn’t even real to me unless you’re there, and you’re in it, and I’m sharing it with you.”– Luke Danes, Gilmore Girls
- “It’s fate. It’s destiny. We both like burritos.”– Seth Cohen, The O.C.
- “When you meet the right person, you know it. You can’t stop thinking about them. They are your best friend and your soulmate. You can’t wait to spend the rest of your life with them. No one and nothing else can compare.”– Ted, How I Met Your Mother
- “Any surprises that come our way, it’s OK, because I will always love you. You are the person I was meant to spend the rest of my life with.”– Chandler Bing, Friends
- “I will always choose you.”– Damon, The Vampire Diaries
- “I love you. In a really, really big pretend-to-like-your-taste-in-music, let-you-eat-the-last-piece-of-cheesecake, hold-a-radio-over-my-head-outside-your-bedroom-window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me.”– Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
- “We are made of particles that have existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms traveled 14 billion years through time and space to create us so that we could be together and make each other whole.”– Leonard Hofstader, The Big Bang Theory
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from movies
Most couples have put in date nights at the movies, maybe even as their first. So there’s bound to be at least one film you both find sentimental.
Use those memories to craft a Valentine’s Day card worthy of Hollywood.
- “To me, you are perfect.”– Mark, Love Actually
- “I like you very much. Just as you are.”– Mark Darcy, Bridget Jones’s Diary
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul. I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.”– Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
- “It’s like in that moment, the whole universe existed just to bring us together.”– Jonathan, Serendipity
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day. But I want to do that, because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.”– Noah, The Notebook
- “Every morning, I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face.”– Gerry, P.S. I Love You
- “I’ll never let go.”– Rose, Titanic
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.”– Nick, The Wedding Date
- “You should be kissed, every day, every hour, every minute.”– Logan, The Lucky One
- “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I’m home.”– Dory, Finding Nemo
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from songs
Maybe you want to stir the memories of a road trip together when you listened to that one tune over and over. Or perhaps you’d like to commemorate your first dance on your wedding day.
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from decades of hits, it’s that songwriters know how to woo. Let them do the work for you with a quote fit for a song.
- “Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.”– John Legend, “All of Me”
- “I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn’t do. Go to the ends of the earth for you to make you feel my love.”– Adele, “Make You Feel My Love”
- “Darling, don’t be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you for a thousand more.”– Christina Perri, “A Thousand Years”
- “I just wanted you to know, baby you da best”– Lana Del Rey, “Summertime Sadness”
- “Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again”– The Cure, “Lovesong”
- “I don’t see what anyone can see in anyone else but you”– The Moldy Peaches, “Anyone Else But You”
- “I will always love you.”– Whitney Houston, “I Will Always Love You”
- “I want you to know it’s enough for me, cause all that you are is all that I’ll ever need”– Ed Sheeran, “Tenerife Sea”
- “Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever, and I swear that every day you’ll get better”– James Arthur, “Say You Won’t Let Go”
- “It’s warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once, everything looks different, now that I see you.”– Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore, “I See The Light” from Tangled
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from poetry
Take a leaf out of Wordsworth and Tennyson to spread the love with a traditionally romantic piece of poetry.
Your darling will appreciate the effort you’ve taken to find the perfect line or stanza to show how much they mean to you.
- You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams– Dr. Seuss
- For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.– Rosemonde Gérard
- She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; and all that’s best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes.– Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Our love is old and sure, not new and frantic. You know I’m yours, and I know you are mine. And saying that has made me feel romantic, my dearest love, my darling valentine.– Wendy Cope
- I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.– William Blake
- I’ll love you, dear. I’ll love you till China and Africa meet, and the river jumps over the mountain, and the salmon sing in the street.– W.H. Auden
- i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)– E.E. Cummings
- I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.– Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.– Pablo Neruda
- When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise.– — William Makepeace Thackeray
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from books
Book lovers know how important it is to get words right. Leave your Valentine’s card to the pros with a classic one-liner from your sweetie’s favorite book.
- “Your face is my heart, Sassenach, and the love of you is my soul.”– Jamie Fraser, from Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander
- “My sun and stars. Moon of my life.”– Khal Drogo, from George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones
- “Always.”– Snape, from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter
- “You deserve to be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.”– Rhett Butler, from Margaret Mitchells’ Gone With The Wind
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”– Cathy Earnshaw, from Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”– from A.A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh
- “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.”– from Ian McEwan’s Atonement
- “True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops.”– Miracle Max, from William Goldman’s The Princess Bride
- “What I feel for her is a wholly different emotion. It stands and walks on its own. Living, and breathing, and throbbing, and shaking me to the roots of my being.”– from Haruki Murakami’s Norwegian Wood
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”– Arwen, from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
How to give your quote as a gift
No need to stick to flowers, chocolates and cards for Valentine’s Day. When you’ve found the perfect message, think of a unique way to present it.
A handful of creative ideas include:
- Write a note in your handwriting on handmade paper as a personal way to say, “I love you.”
- Collect your favorite photos of you and your love, and get them made into a fold-out card or small book. Include quotes between the pages, and sign off at the end with a personal sentiment.
- Mount your message onto a glass block or a metal plate for display around the home.
- Have your quote printed on a pillowcase, mug or another everyday item. It’s undeniably sweet to drink your morning coffee or tea from a cup that reminds you you’re the bee’s knees.
Best retailers for cards and stationery that print your quotes
This online printing shop offers a wide range of graphic designs that you can customized with a Valentine’s Day message.
You’ll find nearly anything related to the Valentine’s at the world’s biggest online marketplace.