We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Top Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him and her
Give a gift that speaks from the heart.
Valentine’s Day gifts, whether big or small, should be a sweet gesture that shows your loved one just how much they mean to you. With just a little research, finding the perfect gift for your sweetie can be easy as pie.
Top 9 Valentine’s Day gifts for her
Michael Kors Leather Wallet
Enchanted Red Rose
Our Adventure Book Scrapbook
Unicorn Iridescent Mug
Bath and Body Works: Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Wash
Marc Jacobs Women's Marc170s Round Sunglasses
15 oz Porcelain Thermal Coffee Tumbler
the sun and her flowers By Rupi Kaur
Omni Massage Roller Black Cap
Top 9 Valentine’s Day gifts for him
Salvatore Ferragamo Men's Watch
Cathy's Concepts 4 piece Monogram Beer Tasting Set
Salvatore Ferragamo Leather Wallet
Cactus Grow Kit
Tile Slim - Device & Item Finder
Mophie Juice Pack Charging Dock
Tiny Arcade - Licensed Retro Games
The Beer Bible
Westminster Butt Face Soap
Flowers & gift baskets for Valentine’s Day
Blushing Champagne Bouquet
Sweet Roses™ Bouquet
Delighted Luxury Rose Bouquet
Godiva Supreme Gift Basket
Cotton Candy Flowers Bouquet
Vanilla Bliss Spa Gift Basket
Forever More Flowers Bouquet
A Dozen Red Roses With Bear and Godiva Chocolates
Platinum-Dipped Real Rose
You could leave a trail of rose petals, but that seems like a lot of clean-up work.
A GPS coordinate necklace
Whether you met your significant other on a beach in the tropics or just bought your first house together in Denver, you can use a personalized necklace like this one to commemorate the most important place in your relationship.
Food and wine tours
One of the most enjoyable parts of being a couple is always having someone to make memories with. Why not treat your loved one to a wine tour or food tour near your city? You’ll have the chance to spend time together doing something enjoyable and out of the ordinary. Check out the options available in your area from Cloud9 Living.
One bouquet is expected, but 12? Well, that’s just romantic. Buy your sweetie a Bloombox subscription to make sure they have flowers for every month of the year.
Finding that extra-special gift just take a little thought about what your sweetie enjoys and likes to do.
Buying your significant other tickets to see their favorite band is a surefire way to win their heart this Valentine’s Day. It shows that you pay attention to what they like and that you care about their interests.
A relaxing massage
Opt for a couple’s massage to make this gift more romantic, or gift a massage or spa day for one to make your partner feel extra special.
A personalized photo book
Create a custom photo book highlighting all your favorite memories with your sweetie.
Make it personal
There’s nothing worse than a gift that feels generic and thought-less. Try one of these custom gift ideas for a V-Day gift your partner won’t ever forget.
A personalized greeting card
Up the ante for your sentimental significant other by ordering a customized greeting card like this one and writing a truly heartfelt message inside. Your cupid’s arrow will hit straight to the heart.
For the avid cook
Try this cool personalized wood cutting board to keep your loved one thinking of you every time they chop up veggies.
Maybe she’s a fashionista
You might feel hopeless at the cosmetics counter, but you could order her a personalized makeup bag like these adorable pouches. She’ll stay organized and think of you every time she grabs some lipgloss on the go.
What are the best DIY Valentine’s Day gifts?
Sometimes the most thoughtful gifts are the ones you make yourself.
- Homemade sangria kit. For a fun and boozy gift, try putting together a homemade sangria kit. You’ll just need a pitcher, red or white wine and some fruit to set the stage for a fun and creative Valentine’s Day gift.
- Rustic chic picture frame. Get your hot glue gun out for this fun gift. Make an open-concept picture frame by attaching four pieces of wood and then stapling two pieces of string across the back. Add decorative clothespins with photos of you with your love and decorate to taste for a sweet and inexpensive DIY gift.
- Homemade cookies. Sometimes classic is just what you need, and there’s nothing like the smell of warm cookies filling the house. If you’re not a pro-baker, try picking up a cookie recipe book from Amazon.
Nerdy gifts you’ll love.
Nerdy gifts can be a great way to make Valentine’s Day personal to your partner’s unique interests.
- Graphic tee. Why not get your significant other something they can actually use, like a t-shirt? Make it personal by picking one that they’ll really get excited about.
- Plush bouquet. Some people give their partner flowers, but what about a bouquet of the solar system or corgis?! Check out these amazing plush bouquets from ThinkGeek. Whether you’re dating a Star Wars’ enthusiast or a unicorn lover, there’s sure to be a bouquet to suit them.
- Star Wars cuff links. Gift your partner this pair of cuff links, which feature an interaction that’s as romantic as it is iconic.
Unique Valentine’s Day gifts
For a loved one who’s not quite the flowers, chocolate and romance type, try one of these unique gifts.
- Board games. Gift your sweetie a board game, and you’ll have a brand new activity that the two of you can enjoy together. Skip the traditional games like Monopoly and get a game like What Do You Meme? or Wit’s End for a night of fun and laughs. Or if you really want to heat things up, get a flirty “adult” card game.
- A surprise vacation. If you want to really spice it up, book an increasingly popular mystery vacation. You pick the budget and the dates and find out where you’re going once you get to the airport.
- Pancake batter mixer. Your partner might be wondering what this gift is all about, but they’ll be in heaven when they wake up to perfectly cooked pancakes in bed.
Inexpensive gifts for romance on a budget
Who says V-Day has to be expensive and extravagant?
- A copy of your favorite book. This one is easy and romantic. Pick up a copy of your favorite book and gift it to your love with a personalized message written inside the front cover.
- A succulent. Pick up a small succulent and a cool pot and have fun planting and taking care of it together.
- A framed photo. This is a super sweet and easy gift that can pack a big punch. Grab a frame and have a photo of the two of you together printed out. Or, better yet, have the photo printed on canvas or wood.
Bridging the gap: Gifts for long distance relationships
Long-distance relationships can be a challenge, but gifting your other half something special doesn’t have to be.
- Delivery flowers. It’s hard to maintain a strong relationship if you feel disconnected from your partner. Help them feel a little closer to you by ordering flowers to their home or work. It will make your partner feel special and like you’re involved in their day-to-day life.
- Key chain. We use our keys everyday, so buying a key chain is a good way to give your partner a reminder of how much you love them. This couple’s key chain from Etsy is perfect for long distance relationships.
- A dual zone watch. If you live between time zones, you know how annoying it is to constantly calculate the time difference. A dual zone watch is a thoughtful gift for your long distance partner that will solve this problem.
Gotham Women's Gold-Tone Dual Time Zone Leather Strap Watch
A Dozen Red Roses With Bear and Godiva Chocolates
Set of 2 Personalized Couple Keychains
Top 4 retailers for Valentine’s gifts
Valentine’s Day gift deals and discount codes
How much should you spend on Valentine’s Day?
Ultimately, that’s up to you but the money spent on gifts by Americans ranges between $36 and $117.Back to top
Ask an Expert