Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Usend offers diverse sending destinations, but hidden fees may eat into how much money you send.
Why should I consider Usend?
- Diverse delivery options. Bank deposit and cash pickup options are available.
- Large network. Send money to more than 55 countries from the US.
- Mobile app. Usend’s mobile app makes it possible to send money on the go, 24/7.
What to be aware of
- Low limits. Maximum limits may vary by country, but hardly ever exceed $2,995.
- Weak exchange rates. Usend adds a markup to the exchange rate offered on its transfers.
- Hidden fees. You can’t calculate your transfer cost until you create an account and provide personal information.
Usend exchange rates and fees
Usend adds a markup to the mid-market rate and charges fees for its transfers, so you need to pay attention to two potential costs when sending through this service. Usend doesn’t allow you to calculate transfer costs until you create an account and provide personal information, which is inconvenient for first-time users who may be shopping around for a new service. Usend transaction fees are based on:
- Destination country
- Payment method
How long does a Usend transfer take?
Usend transfers can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few business days, depending on the delivery method you choose:
- Bank deposit. Up to five business days
- Cash pickup. Several minutes to three business days
Bank deposits and cash pickup delivery speeds vary depending on the destination country, and you’ll receive an estimate when you send your transfer. Usend has no options to expedite transfers and offers no guarantees on delivery times.
What currencies can I send with Usend?
Usend offers transfers to more than 55 countries in their local currencies. Popular currencies and destinations include:
- Bangladesh: Bangladeshi taka (BDT)
- Mexico: Mexican peso (MXN)
- Philippines: Philippine peso (PHP)
- Guatemala: Guatemalan quetzal (GTQ)
- Dominican Republic: Dominican peso (DOP)
- United Kingdom: Pound sterling (GBP)
- Costa Rica: Costa Rican colon (CRC)
- Peru: Peruvian sol (PEN)
Usend doesn’t have any reviews on Trustpilot, which could be because it’s a mobile app. There’s one company with a similar name which has a lot of bad reviews when we checked – “usendhome.com” – but these aren’t the same.
Is there a Usend app?
Yes, the Usend mobile app is available on both Google Play and the App Store. The app makes it possible to:
- Send money. Send money to more than 50 countries through the app.
- Repeat past transfers. Quickly create a new transfer based on your transfer history.
- Track your transfer. SMS and email updates are sent when your transfer is complete, or track it through the app.
|Reviews accurate as of November 3, 2020|
|Google Play Store||4 out of 5 — based on 1,028 customer reviews|
|Apple App Store||4.8 out of 5 — based on 12,721 customer reviews|
Is Usend safe?
Usend’s parent company, Pronto Money Transfer, Inc. is licensed to operate in the majority of states in the US. In addition to being licensed, Usend has protocols in place to help protect your information and money:
- Compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) laws
- Multifactor authentication to prevent unwanted logins
- Data encryption for every step of the sending process
Usend accepts several different payment methods:
- US bank accounts
- Credit and debit cards from Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex
- Wire transfers — required for transfers over $7,995
Usend’s standard sending limit is $2,995 per 30 days after you verify your identity. To raise this limit you’ll need to contact customer service by phone and provide additional information.
If you are able to raise your limits, be aware that sending more than $7,995 in one transaction must be done through a wire transfer which is typically more expensive.
How do I send a money transfer through Usend?
New users must create an account before sending money through Usend. Creating an account is free but requires that you provide personal information like your name, address and phone number. I chose to create an account through the mobile app.
To create my account I had to:
- Download the app
- Enter my email
- Enter my phone number and confirm it by SMS
- Enter my legal name and address and provide a driver’s licence or passport number
- Provide payment details before sending money
After signing up you can send money through the Usend website or the mobile app. Unfortunately you need to create an app before you can check prices at Usend, which is a hassle when shopping around. If you don’t want to create an account to compare prices, check out how much other options cost right now.
How does Usend compare to other services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Usend is a good option for people looking for more than just a money transfer app, as Usend also offers bill pay and mobile phone reloading. However, since you can’t see how much your transfer will cost until you create an account, new customers may want to look elsewhere. Overall, Usend doesn’t stand out from the money transfer crowd, so using more well-known money transfer providers might give you peace of mind.
Frequently asked questions
How do I contact Usend customer support?
How do I cancel a Usend money transfer?
Do I have to use the app?
More guides on Finder
Fidelity® Youth Account review
Fidelity Youth Account is a brokerage account for teens, but parents must also use Fidelity.
How to save for retirement
Strategies to help you make the most of your retirement savings.
Where to buy Everlywell COVID-19 test home collection kit DTC
Find in-stock Everlywell PCR COVID tests online today from these stores.
Where to buy DxTerity saliva-based COVID-19 test
Find DxTerity in stock and learn what to expect with this top PCR kit that uses a less invasive saliva test that makes it easier to collect your sample.
Bitstamp vs Coinbase
We compare two of the largest crypto exchanges in the world to see how they stack up.
NFT art: What it is and how it works
NFTs take many forms, and NFT art makes up a large portion of the market.
Donut savings review
Donut earns up to 10% APY, but you must have an iOS device.
How to understand and buy CryptoPunks
CryptoPunks is a pioneering collection of 10,000 pixelated NFT artworks that have sold for millions of dollars at auction over the last year. Learn what makes them unique and valuable and how to buy them.
This step-by-step guide to using MakersPlace will help you curate a vibrant and unique NFT collection.
A guide to the Somnium Space metaverse
Somnium Space is one of the fastest growing P2E games in the Solana and Ethereum network – learn how to play it here.
Ask an Expert