No-frills coverage bundles for military members and family.
- Get a quote if you need simple coverage with free roadside assistance and other perks.
- Pick something else if you want a lot of perks.
- Active military, veterans and eligible family can apply.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months, custom|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (after 5 years of loyalty)|
- Apply for all your financial services in one place.
- Free roadside assistance.
- Safe driver benefits.
- 5% off with membership discounts.
- 24/7 member support.
- Military-affiliated drivers only.
- Limited motorcycle coverage.
What motorcycle insurance coverage does USAA offer?
Through USAA’s partner, the company offers standard motorcycle coverage, such as:
- Liability. Covers vehicle damage and injuries for the other driver when you’re at fault. cause the accident.
- Collision. Protects you from paying for motorcycle repairs out of pocket.
- Comprehensive. Pays for accidents not involving hitting a car, such as falling objects, theft or weather damage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Covers your repairs and injuries when another at-fault driver doesn’t have enough coverage.
- Medical payments. Pays for medical treatments for riders, no matter who’s at fault. This coverage may kick in for deductibles, copays and amounts not covered by health insurance.
What extra benefits and add-ons does USAA offer?
Though not an extensive list, USAA does include a few benefits for its members:
- Free roadside assistance. Get help for breakdowns when you’re out riding away from home. This feature is included free with your USAA membership.
- Custom parts and equipment. Protect the features you’ve customized on your bike with coverage up to $30,000.
- Mobile app. Pay bills, get roadside assistance, view an accident checklist or report a claim from your phone.
- 24/7 urgent support. USAA members can call 800-531-8722 to get help any time.
What discounts can I get with USAA?
The company includes a few motorcycle insurance discounts. However, not all discounts apply in every state:
- USAA member. Members receive a 5% discount for insuring their bikes with USAA.
- Multiple motorcycles. Get a policy for more than one motorcycle.
- Safety course. Complete an approved safety course to stay safe and receive a discount.
- Claims-free. Haven’t filed a claim in years? Get rewarded for being a safe driver.
What types of motorcycles does USAA cover?
USAA doesn’t just cover standard motorcycles, it also includes coverage for:
- Classic bikes
- Custom motorcycles
Pros and cons of USAA motorcycle insurance
- Membership discounts. Members receive special discounts on some services. Motorcycle insurance receives a 5% discount.
- Free roadside assistance. The company takes care of its members if they break down on the road.
- Safe driver benefits. You can get discounts for riding claims free and taking an approved safety course.
- 24/7 urgent member support. Members get access to USAA’s online community, mobile app and phone support. You can use phone support at any time for urgent matters.
- Bundle services. Save time and money by bundling your motorcycle insurance with car insurance, home insurance, banking and more.
- Members only. USAA only offers service to military members and their families.
- Limited options. Motorcycle insurance isn’t the company’s focus. You can find more extensive options with competitors.
How to apply for USAA motorcycle insurance
To apply for USAA’s motorcycle insurance, you first need to sign up for a free membership and fill out information about your or your family member’s military service. Information needed for eligibility includes a military service questionnaire, the service member’s Social Security number and USAA membership number, if applicable. Then you can set up an online account and select your coverage options.
Online. Here’s how you can apply online.
- Go to the USAA motorcycle insurance home page.
- Click Get a free quote at the top of the page.
- Log into your account and fill in your personal details.
- Choose your coverage options, finalize payment and receive policy information.
Phone. Call (800) 531-8722 to speak with a representative. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 4:30 pm CT.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep your info ready to make applying an easy process:
- Home address and phone number
- Military service information such as Social Security number and USAA membership number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle details, such as make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Payment information
How to make a claim with USAA
USAA allows you to report and file claims information any way you’d like for your convenience.
- Online. Log in to your online member account to take care of claims there.
- Phone. Call 210-531-8722 or 800-531-8722 to report an accident.
- Fax. Fax claims documents to 800-531-8669. Include a USAA fax cover sheet to ensure correct processing.
- Mobile app. Use the company’s mobile app to report your claim at your convenience.
- Mailing address. Send documents by regular mail to:
USAA (Claims Service)
PO Box 33490
San Antonio, TX 78265
Alternatives to USAA
Get a no-frills USAA motorcycle insurance policy as part of the company’s many financial services offered to members affiliated with the military.
Still looking for the right policy? Compare other motorcycle insurance options.