This card is no longer offered.
An Amex card with impressive USAA rewards and generous perks for military personnel.
American Express cards are know to provide a wide array of features, and the USAA Cash Rewards® American Express® Card is no exception. You’ll gain Amex’s travel, concierge and insurance benefits immediately. You’ll also like the card’s $0 p.a. annual fee, generous cash back rewards on purchases like gas and groceries and USAA’s accommodating perks for military service members.
The USAA Cash Rewards® American Express® card is backed by American Express®, which offers an impressive suite of world-class benefits. You’ll enjoy 24/7 concierge service for dining, entertainment, assistance with travel planning, rental car insurance, and shopping benefits like price protection and extended warranties.
Every time you use the card, earn 2.25% cash back on groceries and gas, saving you money on things you buy anyway. There’s no limit on your points and they never expire. Military service members on deployment will especially like the card’s lenient interest rates and fee reimbursements.
Your interest rate depends on your credit, at 12.90% to 26.90% variable. Regardless of your interest rate you’ll always enjoy a $0 annual fee, cash rewards redeemable at any time, and no foreign transaction fees.
- Cash back rewards. Earn 2.25% cash back on groceries and gas, and up to 1.25% cash back on everything else.
- Cash rewards redeemable anytime. USAA’s cash back policy lets you cash out anytime.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your USAA Amex card outside of the US with no fees.
- Rental car insurance. You’re covered with collision insurance when you rent a car with your USAA Amex card.
- Amex security. Includes identity theft protection, price protection and extended purchase warranties.
- Concierge service. Access Amex’s concierge service for travel, dining, entertainment and more.
- Travel perks. Offers assistance for when you travel like medical and legal services, roadside assistance, baggage delay coverage, trip cancellation insurance and more.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 10.65% to 26.65% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What to watch out for
- Only for members of the military and their family members. To qualify for the card, you need to be an active military member, a veteran who was honorably discharged, or an eligible military family member.
- Late and returned payment fees. Late payment comes with a $25 fee for the first transgression in six billing periods; otherwise, the fee is $35. The same fee structure applies for returned payments.
- Balance transfer and cash advance fee. When transferring balances and taking out cash advances, remember to factor in the fee of transaction amount, 3.
Compare other American Express credit cards
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Cash Rewards American Express Card, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income