Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Can I add my USAA credit card to Apple Pay?
Pay in-store with your iPhone or Apple Watch.
If you own an Apple device, you can easily add your USAA credit card to Apple Pay and make purchases in-store by tapping your iPhone or Apple Watch on the payment terminal.
How to set up USAA credit card for Apple Pay
There are two ways to set up your USAA credit card for Apple Pay — with the USAA mobile app or with your Apple device. Here’s how:
- Open your USAA mobile app.
- In the menu, select Account details.
- Select Add to Apple Pay.
As an alternative:
- Open Wallet and Apple Pay on your Apple device.
- Select Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Follow the instructions.
How does my USAA credit card work with Apple Pay?
As soon as you add your USAA credit card to Apple Pay, it will be stored as a virtual credit card on your device. This is a security feature to keep your credit card information hidden from merchants. At checkout, unlock your iOS device and bring it closer to the POS terminal.
Benefits of using your USAA credit card for Apple Pay
Using Apple Pay to pay for your transactions comes with the following benefits:
- Make purchases with your Apple device. You don’t have to carry your credit card with you; Simply use your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch at locations that accept Apple Pay.
- Send money to contacts. Use the messenger app to send money to your contacts. Tap the Apple Pay icon when chatting and enter the amount you want to send.
- Purchase apps. Use your USAA credit card to purchase iOS apps from the App Store or make in-app purchases.
- Increased security. Every time you pay with your Apple device, your credit card information is hidden from the merchants.
Compare USAA credit cards
Add any USAA credit card to Apple Pay. If you don’t have such a card, consider applying for one.
If you own an iPhone, iPad or an Apple Watch, adding your USAA credit card to Apple Pay can be useful because you can make payments without carrying your physical card. Also, all transactions are encrypted, so you don’t have to worry about credit card misuse.
But if you don’t find any of USAA’s cards appealing, compare other credit cards and apply for another card that supports Apple Pay.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert