Take advantage of secure, convenient, and effortless international money transfers
|Product Name||US Bank|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|3 - 5 days|
|Banking Partner||US Bank|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
Transfers can be sent online, from your mobile device, or at your nearest U.S. bank branch. You can deposit funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or make them available for pickup at Western Union’s global network of more than 500,000 agent locations.
U.S. Bank also offers secure and convenient international wire transfers, which can be a very handy tool for businesses that need to make and receive international payments.
How much does it cost to transfer money with U.S. Bank?
The fees that apply to international money transfers with U.S. Bank can vary greatly depending on how much you are sending and the speed of the transfer service you select. With this in mind the best thing to do is to review any fees that will apply to your transaction before you actually commit to sending your funds. This is simple to do and is an included step in the transfer process.
Western Union sets the exchange rates when you send money online from your U.S. Bank account using Western Union. This electronic payments provider updates its exchange rates regularly to keep pace with fluctuating market rates, so it’s a good idea to compare the rates offered by Western Union with those offered by banks and other money transfer providers.
If you’re sending a wire transfer U.S. Bank aims to offer the best rates possible to its customers in line with changes in market conditions. Exchange rates are updated daily and are an important consideration whenever you send funds overseas.
What types of transfers can you carry out with U.S. Bank?
U.S. Bank offers the following transfer options:
- International wire transfers between bank accounts
- Online money transfers via Western Union to a bank account
- Online money transfers for pickup from any U.S. Bank or Western Union location
If you ever need help with a transfer U.S. Bank offers a handy online customer help center with answers to a range of frequently asked questions and also provides phone assistance if you need further help. You can also contact Western Union directly if you have a question regarding a particular transaction.
Does Zelle work with U.S. Bank?
Yes. You can transfer money domestically through Zelle, a new peer-to-peer payment platform, by using U.S. Bank’s mobile app or website. To transfer money to other Zelle accounts online or using the mobile app:
- Click on Send Money.
- Select Send Money with Zelle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose who you want to send it to and how much you’d like to send.
- Look for a confirmation notification after your transfer goes through.
U.S. Bank SWIFT/BIC information
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|US Bank||USBKUS44IMT||800 Nicollet Mall BC-MN-H20I 55402||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
Pros and cons of using U.S. Bank
- Send money anywhere. Thanks to U.S. Bank’s partnership with Western Union the funds you send can be collected from more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations all over the world.
- Fast processing. Your funds are typically available to your recipient on either the same or the next day.
- Easy. Transfers are easy to set up and can even be sent from your mobile device for added convenience.
- Fees apply. You’ll need to be prepared to pay a transfer fee when sending money overseas with U.S. Bank. These can be reviewed before finalizing your transfer.
- Must have U.S. Bank account. Signing up for an account with U.S. Bank to make an international transfer may be a bit much for some customers. This is doubly so for those interested in benefiting from the Western Union partnership, as accounts must be open for a year to use it.
The registration and transfer process
You’ll first need a checking or saving account with U.S. Bank to start a transfer. In order to use the Western Union online service you’ll need to have been a customer for at least one year.
Funds can be sent direct from your U.S. Bank account in the following ways:
- From your computer by logging into U.S. Bank Online Banking, going to ‘Transfers & Payments’, and then selecting ‘Send Money to a Person’. Western Union will be listed as one of your options.
- From your mobile device by logging into Mobile Banking, going to ‘Pay & Transfer’ and selecting ‘Send or Receive Money’. You can then select Western Union as your option.
- You can also visit any U.S. Bank branch if you have cash you wish to send.
The money you send can either be deposited straight into your recipient’s bank account or picked up from any of Western Union’s 500,000+ agent locations around the world.
International wire transfers offer a convenient option for businesses that need to send funds overseas. There are several options available when it comes to lodging business wire transfers, so contact U.S. Bank for more details.
If you’re an existing account holder and looking for a fast and easy way to send money to friends and family overseas, consider the international money transfer options available from U.S. Bank. But compare its fees and rates against a range of products on the market before deciding which is the best match for your financial needs.