Take advantage of secure, convenient, and effortless international money transfers
|Product Name||US Bank|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|3 - 5 days|
|Banking Partner||US Bank|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
Transfers can be sent online, from your mobile device, or at your nearest US bank branch. You can deposit funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or make them available for pickup at Western Union’s global network of more than 500,000 agent locations.
US Bank also offers secure and convenient international wire transfers, which can be a very handy tool for businesses that need to make and receive international payments.
US Bank exchange rates
Western Union sets the exchange rates when you send money online from your US Bank account using Western Union. This electronic payments provider updates its exchange rates regularly to keep pace with fluctuating market rates, so it’s a good idea to compare the rates offered by Western Union with those offered by banks and other money transfer providers.
If you’re sending a wire transfer US Bank aims to offer the best rates possible to its customers in line with changes in market conditions. Exchange rates are updated daily and are an important consideration whenever you send funds overseas.
How much does it cost to transfer money with US Bank?
The fees that apply to international money transfers with US Bank can vary greatly depending on how much you are sending and the speed of the transfer service you select. With this in mind the best thing to do is to review any fees that will apply to your transaction before you actually commit to sending your funds. This is simple to do and is an included step in the transfer process.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Western Union money transfers through US Bank allow you to send up to $500 per transaction or per day, with a monthly limit of $1,000. With more than 500,000 agent locations around the world Western Union’s global network means you can send your money almost anywhere. In fact, it has locations in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
What types of transfers can you carry out with US Bank?
US Bank offers the following transfer options:
- International wire transfers between bank accounts
- Online money transfers via Western Union to a bank account
- Online money transfers for pickup from any US Bank or Western Union location
If you ever need help with a transfer US Bank offers a handy online customer help center with answers to a range of frequently asked questions and also provides phone assistance if you need further help. You can also contact Western Union directly if you have a question regarding a particular transaction.
Does Zelle work with US bank?
Yes. You can transfer money through Zelle, a new peer-to-peer payment platform, by using US Bank’s mobile app or website. To transfer money to other Zelle accounts online or using the mobile app:
- Click on Send Money.
- Select Send Money with Zelle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose who you want to send it to and how much you’d like to send.
- Look for a confirmation notification after your transfer goes through.
The registration and transfer process
You will need to have a checking or saving account with US Bank in order to lodge a transfer, and you’ll also need to have been a customer for at least one year if you wish to use the Western Union online service.
Funds can be sent direct from your US Bank account in the following ways:
- From your computer by logging into US Bank Online Banking, going to ‘Transfers & Payments’, and then selecting ‘Send Money to a Person’. Western Union will be listed as one of your options.
- From your mobile device by logging into Mobile Banking, going to ‘Pay & Transfer’ and selecting ‘Send or Receive Money’. You can then select Western Union as your option.
- You can also visit any US Bank branch if you have cash you wish to send.
The money you send can either be deposited straight into your recipient’s bank account or picked up from any of Western Union’s 500,000+ agent locations around the world.
International wire transfers offer a convenient option for businesses that need to send funds overseas. There are several options available when it comes to lodging business wire transfers, so contact US Bank for more details.
Pros and cons of using US Bank
- Send money anywhere. Thanks to US Bank’s partnership with Western Union the funds you send can be collected from more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations all over the world.
- Fast processing. Your funds are typically available to your recipient on either the same or the next day.
- Easy. Transfers are easy to set up and can even be sent from your mobile device for added convenience.
- Fees apply. You’ll need to be prepared to pay a transfer fee when sending money overseas with US Bank. These can be reviewed before finalizing your transfer.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to send money to friends and family overseas, consider the international money transfer options available from US Bank. But compare its fees and rates against a range of products on the market before deciding which is the best match for your financial needs.