U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card review
Please note: This card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site.
- Get this card for rewards on travel with an intro APR on balance transfers and no annual fee.
- Pick something else for accelerated points on specific categories.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1x
15.49% to 25.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
- Welcome offer.
Spend $1,000 on purchases within 4 months of your account opening to earn 10,000 FlexPoints. According to the U.S. Bank website at the time of writing, that’s worth up to $150 when redeemed for airfare, hotel stays and car rentals.
Earn 1x points on everything you buy. Each point is worth up to 2.0 cents depending on your redemption choice.
- No annual fee.
You won’t pay an annual fee to use this card.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers.
Balance transfers completed within 60 days of your account opening receive a 0% intro APR for 9 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR of 15.49% to 25.49% applies.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period on purchases.
The card offers an intro APR period on balance transfers — but not on purchases. If you’re looking to make a large purchase and carry the balance without interest, look for a 0% intro APR credit card.
- Foreign transaction fees.
Despite offering solid redemption value on travel purchases, the card may not be a good traveling companion outside of the US. Purchases abroad come with a 3% fee on foreign currencies transactions or a 2% fee on transactions made in US dollars. If you often travel abroad, save money with a card that waives foreign transaction fees.
- Low worldwide acceptance.
Compared to Visa and Mastercards, this Flexperks Amex doesn’t offer the same level of coverage worldwide, meaning you might have some issues finding card acceptance abroad.
Compare travel credit cards
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card
Applying for the U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card is a straightforward process:
- At the U.S. Bank site, click on Credit cards along the header and select Travel rewards credit cards from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card.
- Click apply now and fill out the information to complete your application.
To apply for a U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card, you’ll need the following:
- Proof that you’re 18 years of age or older
- Proof of legal residency in the US
- Your Social Security number or individual Taxpayer Identification Number
What credit score do I need?
To apply for the U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card, you’ll need a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
If you’re looking for a U.S. Bank travel credit card, this one could be a good choice. You get a long intro APR period on balance transfers and high redemption value on travel purchases with no annual fee.
But other no-annual-fee travel credit cards can offer stronger rewards. To find the best fit for your spending and lifestyle, compare your travel card options.
Frequently asked questions
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card can be a great choice if you’re looking for a generous welcome offer and accelerated points at restaurants, gas stations and airlines.
You’ll also benefit from an airline allowance credit every time you redeem an award flight, a TSA PreCheck or Global entry fee credit and you won’t pay foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad.