We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
It’s a solid card with no annual fee and 0% intro APR, but its 5% cash back categories may feel restrictive.
|Product Name||U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 12 months (with the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater: $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 24 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater.|
The U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card offers solid perks: $0 annual fee, 0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers, a signup bonus and cash back.
Before signing up, take a close look at its rewards. Five percent cash back sounds great, but it’s available only in niche categories, like select clothing stores, cell phones and fast food.
Depending on your spending mix, other cards may offer better cash back. Check out products like the BankAmericard Cash Rewards, TRIO Credit Card and Discover it Card, all offering 0% APR and rewards.
Should you get the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card?
- The card offers solid benefits along with $0 annual fee, so it’s hard to go wrong.
- However, there are other cards that offer similar benefits. The difference may come down to the cash back you’ll get.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card long term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on balance transfers for 12 months.This is a decent balance transfer promotion, though it’s not the longest you’ll find. For a strong 0%-interest period, consider the Citi Simplicity Card or Citi Diamond Preferred Card.
- REWARDS: Up to 5% cash back.Here’s the cash back you’ll earn from the U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card:
- 5% in two categories of your choice, on up to $2,000 in combined purchases each quarter.
- 2% in one everyday category, such as gas or groceries.
- 1% on all other purchases.
U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card CATEGORIES
Cash back at 5% is a great haul, and $2,000 is a relatively high quarterly cap. However, the cash back categories are fairly niche. Consider whether you’d spend enough to get enough value from your 5% categories.
- SIGNUP BONUS: $150 cash back.When you spend $500 on your card within the first 90 days, you’ll receive a $150 cash back bonus.
You’ll also like …
- Visa Signature benefits.Visa Signature cards come with perks not offered by most Visa Traditional cards. These include:
- Travel and emergency assistance services.
- Visa Concierge that helps you with travel plans, dining reservations and special-event bookings.
- Access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.
- Extended warranties.
- Exclusive experiences through Visa Signature Fine Wine and Food, Visa Signature Sports and more.
- No penalty APR.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
Compare cash back credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- You must keep enrolling in cash back categories.
Each quarter, you must specify which categories you want to earn 5% and 2% cash back for. Otherwise, all of your purchases will earn only 1% cash back.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 15.49 to 24.49. If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given a higher interest rate.With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.49 is considered high.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card
1. Go to the US Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. If you’re a current US Bank customer, enter your Personal ID and proceed to the application. If you’re a new customer, click New to US Bank? Apply Here.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
US Bank will likely send you a decision within 10 days. If there are issues with your application, however, it may take up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the US Bank website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period between 24 - 30 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $38, and returned payments cost up to $35. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact US Bank at 800-872-2657.
Five percent cash back is enticing. But before signing up for the U.S. Bank Cash+ ™ Visa Signature® Card, consider whether you’ll earn meaningful cash back in the categories offering the 5% deal. If you won’t, consider another 0% APR card that also offers rewards.
Frequently asked questions