We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
A card that offers no annual fee, an attractive signup bonus and 0%intro APR on balance transfers.
|Product Name||U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 12 months (with whichever is greater: $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.49% variable|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 24 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater|
When thinking about the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card, the word that comes to mind is “simple.”
There’s $0 annual fee. The $150 signup bonus is easy to obtain. And you’ll receive a breezy 1.5% cash back on everything you buy. You’ll wish the card offered 0% intro APR on purchases, but you’ll like getting 0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers.
The result of these benefits is a strong card that rewards you like clockwork.
Should you get the US Bank Cash 365 American Express Card?
- If you want the longest 0% APR for balance transfers, choose another card, such as the Citi Simplicity.
- If you want to maximize your rewards, you might earn more with another card. Consider products like the Discover it Card that offers 5% and BankAmericard Cash Rewards offering 3%.
- If you want a card that offers simple rewards, $0 annual fee, a signup bonus and 0% intro APR on balance transfers, the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card is a great pick.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0
A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card long-term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on balance transfers for 12 months.
- REWARDS: Up to 1.5% cash back.
You’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. It’s not the most cash back you’ll earn anywhere, but it’s a simple rewards scheme. That may be a breath of fresh air in a sea of cards offering different rewards for different categories.
For even more rewards, consider the Citi Double Cash and Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature. Both cards offer 2% cash back.
- SIGNUP BONUS: $150 cash back.
When you spend $500 on your card within the first 90 days, you’ll receive a $150 cashback bonus.
You’ll also like …
The U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card is an American Express card, meaning it comes with perks like:
- Emergency assistance. Offers medical, legal and financial help while you’re on vacation.
- Exclusive presales. Secure your tickets for entertainment events.
- Price protection. American Express will partially reimburse you if you find a better price on an item after you’ve purchased it with your U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card.
- Extended warranties. American Express offers warranties to protect your electronics, appliances and more.
- Return protection. Get reimbursed for an item you’ve purchased if a merchant won’t accept it as a return.
- Car rental coverage. Get extra insurance coverage when you rent a car with your American Express.
- No penalty APR.
- $0 over-the-credit-limit fee.
No annual fee credit card deals
No annual fee credit card deals
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- Other cards may offer better cash back
Depending on your spending, 1.5% cash back can be a great rewards rate. For example, you may spend in many categories, at which point flat cash back may be ideal.
To squeeze out another 0.5% cash back, try the Citi Double Cash or Fidelity Rewards Visa signature. Both cards offer 2% cash back on all purchases.
If you’re OK with different cash back rates for different categories, you may receive more rewards with other cards. For example, if you eat out and travel often, you might like the Uber Visa. It offers 4% cash back on dining and 3% on travel.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 15.49% to 24.49% variable. If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of that range.
With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.49% is high.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card, you must be a US resident. You also must be at least 18 years old.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
1. Go to the US Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. If you’re a current US Bank customer, enter your Personal ID and proceed to the application. If you’re a new customer, click New to US Bank? Apply Here.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
U.S. Bank will likely send you a decision within 10 days. If there are issues with your application, however, you may wait up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the US Bank website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period between 24 to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $38, and returned payments cost up to $35. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact US Bank at 800-872-2657.
You may earn more rewards with another card. But if you want simple cash back, the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card Card can be a refreshing option — especially as it offers $0 annual fee, a signup bonus and 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
As always, compare your options before deciding on a particular card with our comprehensive guide to credit cards.
Frequently asked questions