A card that offers no annual fee, an attractive signup bonus and 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
|Product Name||U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card|
|Card Type||American Express|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||15.74% to 24.74% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 15.74% to 24.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% or $5 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4 or 4% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction amount|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
When thinking about the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card, the word that comes to mind is “simple.”
There’s $0 annual fee. The $150 signup bonus is easy to obtain. And you’ll receive a breezy 1.5% cash back on everything you buy. You’ll wish the card offered 0% intro APR on purchases, but you’ll like getting 0% APR for 12 billing cycles on balance transfers.
The result of these benefits is a strong card that rewards you like clockwork.
Should you get the US Bank Cash 365 American Express Card?
- If you want the longest 0% APR for balance transfers, choose another card, such as the Citi Simplicity.
- If you want to maximize your rewards, you might earn more with another card. Consider products like the Discover it® Cash Back that offers 5% and U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card offering 3%.
- If you want a card that offers simple rewards, $0 annual fee, a signup bonus and 0% intro APR on balance transfers, the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card is a great pick.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card long-term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles.This is a decent balance transfer promotion, though it’s not the longest you’ll find. For a stronger 0% intro APR, consider the Citi Simplicity® Card or Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- REWARDS: Up to 1.5% cash back.You’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. It’s not the most cash back you’ll earn anywhere, but it’s a simple rewards scheme. That may be a breath of fresh air in a sea of cards offering different rewards for different categories.
For even more rewards, consider the Citi® Double Cash Card and Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature. Both cards offer 2% cash back.
- SIGNUP BONUS: $150 cash back.When you spend $500 on your card within the first 90 Days, you’ll receive a $150 cashback bonus.
You’ll also like …
The U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card is an American Express card, meaning it comes with perks like:
- Emergency assistance. Offers medical, legal and financial help while you’re on vacation.
- Exclusive presales. Secure your tickets for entertainment events.
- Price protection. American Express will partially reimburse you if you find a better price on an item after you’ve purchased it with your U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card.
- Extended warranties. American Express offers warranties to protect your electronics, appliances and more.
- Return protection. Get reimbursed for an item you’ve purchased if a merchant won’t accept it as a return.
- Car rental coverage. Get extra insurance coverage when you rent a car with your American Express.
- No penalty APR.
- $0 over-the-credit-limit fee.
No annual fee credit card deals
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- Other cards may offer better cash back
Depending on your spending, 1.5% cash back can be a great rewards rate. For example, you may spend in many categories, at which point flat cash back may be ideal.To squeeze out another 0.5% cash back, try the Citi® Double Cash Card or Fidelity Rewards Visa signature. Both cards offer 2% cash back on all purchases.
If you’re OK with different cash back rates for different categories, you may receive more rewards with other cards. For example, if you eat out and travel often, you might like the Uber Visa Card. It offers 4% cash back on dining and 3% on travel.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 15.74% to 24.74% variable . If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of that range.With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.74% is high.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card, you must be a US resident. You also must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
1. Go to the US Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. If you’re a current US Bank customer, enter your Personal ID and proceed to the application. If you’re a new customer, click New to US Bank? Apply Here.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
U.S. Bank will likely send you a decision within 10 days. If there are issues with your application, however, you may wait up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the US Bank website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period between 24 to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $38, and returned payments cost up to $35. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact US Bank at 800-872-2657.
You may earn more rewards with another card. But if you want simple cash back, the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card Card can be a refreshing option — especially as it offers $0 annual fee, a signup bonus and 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
As always, compare your options before deciding on a particular card with our comprehensive guide to credit cards.
Frequently asked questions