U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card review
Please note: This card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site.
- Get this card if you want to earn flat cash back on all purchases.
- Pick something else if you want higher cash back or an intro APR period on purchases.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
The information about the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card has been collected independently by Finder. The card details have not been reviewed or approved by the card issuer.
Discontinued productThis card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site. Compare other credit cards or take Finder's credit card quiz to find one that fits your needs.
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
- Go to the U.S. Bank website and find the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card, then click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card?
Automated preapproval means that you’ll likely get a decision within a minute. If additional information is needed, U.S. Bank will send you a response within a few business days to a few weeks.
Once approved, expect your card to arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
- Welcome offer. Get a $150 after spending $500 in the first 90 days of card membership. Similar cards require you to spend anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 in the same period to earn a similarly sized bonus.
- Cash back. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Your cash back doesn’t expire and you can redeem it as statement credit, have it directly deposited into your U.S. Bank checking or savings account or get it as a rewards card.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period for the first 12 billing cycles following your account opening for transfers made within the first 60 days of card membership. After that, a variable APR of 15.49% to 24.99% applies.
- No annual fee. You get all these perks without paying an annual fee.
How much cash back rewards can I earn with the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card?
Spending $16,000 with the card in a year would earn you $240 cash back. If you clear the signup bonus, your cash back for the first year would be $390.
You’ll also like …
- Emergency assistance. Get medical, legal and financial help while you’re on vacation.
- No penalty APR. If you make late or returned payments, you’ll only pay a fee. Other cards have a penalty APR of up to 30% that applies once you make a single returned or late payment. And what’s worse is that it can last indefinitely.
- Price protection. American Express will partially reimburse you if you find a better price on an item after you’ve purchased it with your card.
- Extended warranties and return protection. You also get warranties to protect qualified purchases of electronics, appliances and more. And, you can get reimbursed for an item if a merchant won’t accept it as a return within 90 days of purchase.
What to watch out for
- Foreign transaction fees. For each transaction you make when you travel abroad, you’ll pay a 2% fee for transactions made in US dollars and a 3% fee for transactions in foreign currency.
- Balance transfer limits. To take advantage of the intro APR period, complete your balance transfers within 60 days of card membership.
- No intro APR on purchases. The card comes with an intro APR period on balance transfers. Unfortunately, your purchases start off with an APR of 15.49% to 24.99% variable right away.
- Potentially high APR. If your credit history isn’t spectacular, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of 24.99% variable. With APRs averaging around 16%, you’d be getting a high APR.
- Not widely accepted. Since this is an American Express card, it may not be as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
Complete your transfers in the first 60 days of card membership to get the 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles following your account opening. After the intro period passes, or if you make your transfers after the first 60 days, a variable APR of applies.
Each balance transfer will cost you either $5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater. This makes a balance transfer of $3,000 cost $90 in fees.
What should I know before I apply?
You must be a US resident and at least 18 years old to apply for this card.
You’ll also need to provide personal information, such as:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 740 or higher. With a better score and lower credit utilization ratio, you’ll likely get a higher credit limit and a lower APR.
U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card reviews and complaints
U.S. Bank has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1970 and earns a B rating. However, as of August 2018, it has nearly 2,000 complaints filed against it, with many customers citing poor customer support and issues using their cards when traveling. They claim when they left their home area, their credit card usage was considered fraudulent and was locked from further use.
As for the card itself, users are generally satisfied with the cashback rate and the intro period on balance transfers. But they claim the card usage is somewhat limited, as not all businesses accept American Express.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the U.S. Bank mobile app. Use it to pay your credit card bill each month. If you also bank with U.S. Bank, you can use the app to deposit checks, find a nearby ATM or contact customer support.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period between 24 and 30 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $39, and returned payments cost up to $35. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact U.S. Bank at 1-800-872-2657 or reach them online through your U.S. Bank mobile app or the U.S. Bank website.
How do I redeem rewards from U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card?
You can redeem your cash back by logging on to your U.S. Bank online account. Redemption options include:
- Statement credit
- Rewards card
- Deposit made to your savings, checking or money market account at U.S. Bank.
Getting a rewards card has a $20 minimum and is required that every card is loaded in $5 increments. The other redemption options have no minimum.
Compare similar cashback credit cards
If you’re looking for a simple no-annual-fee card, the U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card could be a good option. You’ll earn unlimited cash back on all purchases, plus you’ll get a long intro APR period on balance transfers.
Frequently asked questions
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
This is a simple no-annual-fee credit card that offers unlimited cash back on all purchases. Additionally, you get a long intro APR period on balance transfers, which could be useful if you’re paying high interest on a non-U.S. Bank card. However, if you’re looking for an intro APR period on purchases, you’ll have to look elsewhere.