U.S. Bank Business Platinum review
A small business credit card with a long intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
finder.com’s rating: 3.4 / 5
- Get this card if you want an intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
- Pick something else if you want cash back.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Intro purchase APR
for the first 15 billing cycles (then 11.99% to 20.99% variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 15 billing cycles (then 11.99% to 20.99% variable)
11.99% to 20.99%
Balance transfer APR (variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum card main perks are the $0 annual fee and 15 billing cycles of 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
Unfortunately, you won’t get to earn any welcome offer or rewards on your purchases, and you’ll pay foreign transaction fees if you use your card abroad. You could also lose your 0% intro APR period if you make one late or returned payment or if you exceed your credit limit.
Despite that, if your business needs payment flexibility and you’re looking for a credit card to help you with that, this could be a card worth considering.
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Business Platinum?
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Complete the application form with information about yourself and your business.
- Review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to get my U.S. Bank Business Platinum?
U.S. Bank usually makes a decision within minutes. If you haven’t heard back in a few days, call 1-800-947-1444 and choose option 1 to get a status on your application.
Upon approval, your card should arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 business days.
- Intro APR period. Get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 11.99% to 20.99% will apply. This could be ideal if you want to stack up on inventories or if you’re paying a high APR on another card.
- No annual fee. Own this card without having to pay an annual fee.
- Dedicated support service. You get 24/7 dedicated support service by business specialists.
You’ll also like
- Card security. You get a hard-to-counterfeit chip card, which also comes with zero liability and fraud monitoring.
- Spending controls. Set spending controls on your employees’ business cards based on location, time and dollar amount. You can also customize their due date or set up account alerts.
Compare similar business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus. Most cards come with a bonus once you meet certain spending criteria. Unfortunately, this card doesn’t have any bonuses.
- Foreign transaction fee. Limit your credit card spending when traveling abroad to avoid paying a fee of 3% of the transaction. It may not seem like much, but it can quickly add up.
- Penalty APR. Making a returned payment, exceeding your credit limit twice in a year or being five days late on a payment twice in a year will land you with a fixed penalty APR of 29.99%. To revert your rate back to the standard APR, you’ll need to make timely payments of at least the minimum amount due for six consecutive months and not exceed your credit limit during this time.
- Other fees. You’ll pay fees for late payments, returned payments, going over your limit, cash advances and convenience check advances.
- Loss of intro APR period. If you make a single late or returned payment, or if you exceed your credit limit, U.S. Bank may end your intro APR period and apply the standard or penalty APR.
What size business is the U.S. Bank Business Platinum good for?
Small businesses that want to make a large purchase of inventories or supplies could find this card useful. You’ll get to carry your balance interest free for 15 billing cycles, giving you a significant amount of time to pay off your initial purchases.
Also, if your business is stuck paying a high APR on another card, you can transfer your balance and use the intro APR period to pay it off without interest.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the U.S. Bank Business Platinum, you need to live in a state that has a U.S. Bank branch. Also, you’ll need to provide information, such as:
- Business name and address
- Years in business and type of business
- Expected monthly transactions
- Personal information of the company owner
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with an excellent business credit score of 740 or higher.
Which credit bureau does U.S. Bank pulls my credit from?
Most of the time, U.S. Bank will pull your credit from TransUnion. But sometimes, it may pull your credit from either Experian or Equifax.
U.S. Bank Business Platinum reviews and complaints
Customers who own this card are generally happy with the size of the credit limit they received. And the main reason many cardholders choose this card is to make balance transfers.
The Better Business Bureau rates U.S. Bank with an A+ as of October 2020, though the bank isn’t accredited . Most of the negative feedback on the BBB website concerns poor customer service and hidden costs. To avoid unpleasant situations, make sure you read the card’s terms.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the U.S. Bank mobile app Use it to monitor your accounts, make deposits or send money with Zelle®. You can also set up automatic payments, change your ATM PIN and more.
- Make timely payments. Late payments could cost you $39 in fees — and U.S. Bank may impose a penalty APR of 29.99%, which can apply to your account for six months or more.
- Set spending controls. Take advantage of employer resources to make sure your employees don’t spend more than they should. You can also set spending controls based on time and place, and you can track their spending online.
- Contact customer service. For any questions, call U.S. Bank customer service at 1-800-374-7979.
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum could be a decent addition to any small business that’s looking to use an intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases without paying an annual fee.
However, if you’re not sure whether this card is the right one for your business, feel free to check out other business credit cards and find the best one that suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.