U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card review
If you value earning flexibility, this card might be a great pick for your business spending.
finder.com’s rating: 4 / 5
- Get this card if you want customizable reward categories tailored to your business needs.
- Pick something else if you are looking for better rewards opportunities.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 2x
for the first year ($95 thereafter)
Intro purchase APR
for the first 20 billing cycles (then 16.74% to 21.74% variable)
|Annual fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($95 thereafter)|
|Welcome offer||75,000 points after spending $7,500 in the first 4 months|
|Rewards||2x points in the two categories you spend the most in each month and 1x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 20 billing cycles (then 16.74% to 21.74% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 20 billing cycles (then 12.24% to 21.24% variable)|
|Minimum Credit Score||740|
Steven Dashiell is Senior Writer, Personal Finance at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, NASDAQ, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card sports an impressive 50 reward-earning categories and serves as something of a niche card pick for growing businesses. It offers a signup bonus worth $750 in cash back and an intro annual fee of $0.
Certainly, the number of earning categories are impressive. The modular nature of the bonus means you’ll almost always be getting the most returns possible on your spending. Given that the card determines your top earning categories each month, this makes it a great card for growing your business or expanding in new areas.
In the end, the U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card could be a useful card choice for the right business. However, if you prefer better value from fewer spending categories, there are better business options available.
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
- Visit the U.S. Bank website and navigate to the U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card page.
- Click Apply now.
- Complete the application with details such as your business information, Social Security number, contact information and annual income.
- Review your information and submit your application.
What credit score do I need?
Consider applying for this card with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
- Unique rewards structure. Get 2x points per dollar spent on your top two eligible spending categories each month. Get 1x point per dollar spent on all other eligible net purchases. U.S. Bank will automatically detect your two largest categories and post your points accordingly. There’s no cap on the points you can earn.
- Signup bonus. Earn 75,000 bonus points after you spend $7,500 within the first 4 months from account opening. This is a strong signup bonus worth $750 when redeemed for cash back.
- Numerous reward categories. Get reward rates on nearly 50 categories, many of which are purchases that can help get your business off the ground. You’d be hard-pressed to find these categories on similar cards.
- Intro annual fee. U.S. Bank waives your annual fee for your first year. Afterward, you’ll pay $95 each year.
- Other card perks. You can earn more points by connecting your card to your U.S. Bank payment processing account. Also, add additional cards to your account at no cost, which earn the intro bonus rate on spending during your first year.Depending on the level of your Visa card, you’ll have access to several Visa benefits, including Visa Concierge services, purchase security and a variety of travel insurance coverages.
Compare business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What to watch out for
- Points can expire. Your points will expire five years from the date you earned them.
- Average rewards rate. Your rewards will be an average 2x points on your top two spending categories. This isn’t the best rate available if you’re looking for pure earning potential on a business card.
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card is a good choice if you’re looking for a huge selection of reward categories useful for business spending needs.
However, the average reward rates of the card means there are better choices for pure value, particularly if you’ll be spending in bonus categories offered by other cards such as gas stations, travel or office supply stores. Compare available business cards and weigh your needs to find the best card for you.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.