A small business credit card with a long intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
- Get this card if you want an intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
- Pick something else if you want cash back.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||12.24% to 20.24% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 12.24% to 20.24% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 12.24% to 20.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $39|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
If your business needs payment flexibility and you’re looking for a credit card to help you with that, the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card could be worth taking a look. You’ll be able to rest assured knowing your purchases are secure, have a dedicated business card customer support line and more.
Our pick for business cash back
Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
Intro APR period.
Get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 12.24% to 20.24% will apply. This could be ideal if you want to stack up on inventories or if you’re paying a high APR on another card.
No annual fee.
Own this card without having to pay an annual fee.
Dedicated support service.
You get 24/7 dedicated support service by business specialists.
You’ll also like
You get a hard-to-counterfeit chip card, which also comes with zero liability and fraud monitoring.
Set spending controls on your employees’ business cards based on location, time and dollar amount. You can also customize their due date or set up account alerts.
No signup bonus.
Most cards come with a bonus once you meet certain spending criteria. Unfortunately, this card doesn’t have any bonuses.
Foreign transaction fee.
Limit your credit card spending when traveling abroad to avoid paying a fee of 3% of the transaction. It may not seem like much, but it can quickly add up.
Making a returned payment, exceeding your credit limit twice in a year or being five days late on a payment twice in a year will land you with a fixed penalty APR of 29.99%. To revert your rate back to the standard APR, you’ll need to make timely payments of at least the minimum amount due for six consecutive months and not exceed your credit limit during this time.
You’ll pay fees for late payments, returned payments, going over your limit, cash advances and convenience check advances.
Loss of intro APR period.
If you make a single late or returned payment, or if you exceed your credit limit, U.S. Bank may end your intro APR period and apply the standard or penalty APR.
- Business name and address
- Years in business and type of business
- Expected monthly transactions
- Personal information of the company owner
- Download the U.S. Bank mobile app Use it to monitor your accounts, make deposits or send money with Zelle®. You can also set up automatic payments, change your ATM PIN and more.
- Make timely payments. Late payments could cost you $39 in fees — and U.S. Bank may impose a penalty APR of 29.99%, which can apply to your account for six months or more.
- Set spending controls. Take advantage of employer resources to make sure your employees don’t spend more than they should. You can also set spending controls based on time and place, and you can track their spending online.
- Contact customer service. For any questions, call U.S. Bank customer service at 1-800-374-7979.
What to watch out for
Compare similar business credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card, you need to live in a state that has a U.S. Bank branch. Also, you’ll need to provide information, such as:
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent business credit score of 670 or higher.
Which credit bureau does U.S. Bank pulls my credit from?
Most of the time, U.S. Bank will pull your credit from TransUnion. But sometimes, it may pull your credit from either Experian or Equifax.
What do customers say about the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card?
Customers who own this card are generally happy with the size of the credit limit they received. And the main reason many cardholders choose this card is to make balance transfers.
The Better Business Bureau rates the U.S. Bank with a B. Most of the negative feedback on the BBB website concerns poor customer service and hidden costs. To avoid unpleasant situations, make sure you read the card’s terms.
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card?
1. Go to the U.S. Bank website and select the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card. Click Apply now.
2. Complete the application form with information about yourself and your business.
3. Review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to get my U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card?
U.S. Bank usually makes a decision within minutes. If you haven’t heard back in a few days, call 1-800-947-1444 and choose option 1 to get a status on your application.
Upon approval, your card should arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
The U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Card could be a decent addition to any small business that’s looking to use an intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases without paying an annual fee.
However, if you’re not sure whether this card is the right one for your business, feel free to check out other business credit cards and find the best one that suits your needs.