U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card review
A premium travel card designed for tech-savvy people.
finder.com’s rating: 4.4 / 5
- Get this card if you want a premium travel card focused on using a digital wallet.
- Pick something else if you want more flexibility for redeeming your points.
- Apply if you have a good to an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 5x
16.99% to 23.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||Earn 50,000 bonus points worth $750 in travel redemption, just spend $4,500 in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Rewards||Earn 5X Points on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly in the Altitude Rewards Center. Earn 3X Points on travel and mobile wallet purchases. For a limited time, earn 3X Points on takeout, food delivery, and dining (through 6/30/21). Plus, get reimbursed up to $325 annually in automatic statement credits for eligible travel purchases and takeout, food delivery and dining purchases.|
|Purchase APR||16.99% to 23.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||16.99% to 23.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Steven Dashiell is a credit cards writer at Finder. He's worked on 250 Finder articles and counting, helping readers embrace and maximize credit cards. Backed by nearly a decade of research and reporting experience, Steve's work can be seen on Debt.com, CreditCards.com and Lifehacker.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card’s joins the ranks of credit cards catering to those spending more of their money digitally. This card offers 5x points on net travel and digital wallet purchases, a 50,000-point signup bonus, $325 in annual statement credits and $100 credit toward TSA PreCheck and Global Entry every four years.
Perhaps the most distinguishing characteristic of this card is its focus on your digital wallet. All eligible wallet purchases will earn you 3x points — that includes Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Whether you view this feature as advantageous or a hindrance depends on your spending habits and whether your favorite stores accept mobile payments.
Still, if you’re the type of cardholder that performs a lot of travel and digital spending, it’s tough to beat the potential value of the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card. The rewards, great travel perks and generous statement credits make this card more than worth a look.
- Enrollment bonus. Receive a 50,000 points enrollment bonus when you spend $4,500 in the first 90 days of account opening. This is worth up to $750 on travel according to U.S. Bank.
- Strong rewards rate. Earn 3x points per dollar spent on eligible net travel purchases and 3x points per dollar spent on eligible net mobile wallet purchases when you use your mobile device. Earn 1x point per dollar for all other eligible net purchases.
- Statement credits. This card offers up to $325 in annual statement credits for eligible travel purchases. You can also earn up to $100 in fee credits for TSA Precheck and Global Entry every four years.
- Low APR. This card comes with a relatively low variable purchase APR of .
You’ll also like
- Visa Infinite Benefits. You’ll enjoy perks and benefits such as 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge services, discounts on participating rental car companies and a 12-month Priority Pass Select membership at no extra charge.
- Fraud protection. Your card comes with fraud monitoring and ID theft protection in the event your card is lost or stolen.
- Travel insurance. You’ll get auto rental collision damage and emergency assistance services, among other insurance policies.
- Points don’t expire. Hang on to your points until you need them.
Compare travel credit cards
Watch out for
- Annual fee. There’s a $400 annual fee and an additional for each additional card. Your yearly statement credits can mostly make up for this fee, however.
- Unique reward requirement. You must use your digital wallet to maximize reward potential. This can be difficult if you live in an area where this sort of payment isn’t widely accepted.
- U.S. Bank membership required. This card is only available to U.S. Bank members.
- Points don’t transfer. Points must be redeemed through the U.S. Bank portal. They can’t be transferred to other reward programs.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is great for tech-savvy travelers who can take advantage of the unique rewards requirement. Plus, the card practically pays for itself thanks to its yearly statement credits.
If you value more flexibility with your point earnings, or simply can’t make enough mobile purchases to earn decent rewards, you might want to consider other premium credit cards with more traditional reward structures.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.