The UGET25 promotion code has expired. Learn more about the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card and check back for updates on promotions.
The UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card is a standard credit with an average APR of 17.99%%. There is a lower annual fee of up to $39, but within the first year, you can be eligible to receive a statement credit of $25 by maintaining good standing on your card.
Additionally, this card is a secured Visa card, which has high acceptability all around the world. The UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card gives you introductory rates on balance transfers for the first six months, so you can unload a different card with a higher interest rate to save yourself some money while you pay that balance down. The fees and APR are pretty standard for this type of card, but when used responsibly by those looking to build their credit, this card could be a real asset.
- Limited Time Offer: New cardmembers get a $25 rebate* – To be eligible, applications must be submitted between now through 12/31/16 and accounts must be in good standing for 90 days after opening.
- Unlike your Prepaid Card, UNITY Visa secured card can help you build your credit. Apply online in less than 5 minutes, and you could be approved today!
- No Minimum Credit Score required; low fixed interest rate of 17.99%; Fully refundable FDIC security deposit* required at time of application; if you have a min of $250 to deposit immediately, you can start now!
- No application fee or penalty rate
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus
- 24/7 online access to your account
- *See the Cardholder Agreement for more details.
Benefits of the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card
- Universal APR. The APR of this card is the same across the board, be it for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. The rate is also fixed, so you don’t have to worry about it changing over time.
- Introductory Balance Transfer rate. When you sign-up, you can get an introductory rate of 9.95% for 6 months starting from the date your account is opened. After the promotional period, your rate will move up to the standard fixed rate of 17.99%.
- Annual fee. There is an annual fee of $39 p.a., but by maintaining a good standing you can be eligible for a refund credit of $25.
- Credit Builders Welcome. If you’re looking to build your credit, this card can really help you get there. Plus, you can get rewarded for staying in good standing. The current promotion (enter code UGET25) will get you $25 back.
- Visa. You can use this card anywhere Visa cards are accepted.
Features of the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card
- Annual fee. This Visa card charges a annual fee of up to $39.
- 17.99% APR. For purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
- Late and stopped payment fees. You may have to pay up to $10 for late fee and up to $25 for stopped payments.
- Foreign transaction fees. You will pay 2% for each foreign transaction.
- Fixed rate APR. Your APR will stay the same until the expiration of your card.
- Cash advance fee. When using the cash advance feature of your Visa card, you will pay either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater (maximum fee: $150)
How to apply for the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent resident of the US
- In order to speed up the application process, make sure that you have the following documents and bits of information at hand when you’re signing up.
Required documents & information:
- Your name, residential status, residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your date of birth, social security number and mother’s maiden name
- A driver’s license or other identifying documents
If you’re looking for a card with a fixed interest rate, a low annual fee, and the security of the Visa name, the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card could a fantastic choice for you. With their current offer, you can be eligible to receive $25 back when you sign-up and keep your account in good standing for 90 days. To be considered for this offer, you should enter the code UGET25 when you sign-up. As always, this isn’t the only card out there, so be sure to check your options before you decide.