United Club℠ Business Card review
Please note: This card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site.
- Get this card if United Airlines is your go-to airline for business travel.
- Pick something else if you want cash back rewards or a card with 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score.
How to apply for the United Club℠ Business Card?
- Go to the Chase website and select the United Club℠ Business Card, and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application form with all the required information about your business and the employee who will receive the card.
- Review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to be approved?
Chase has an immediate response if the information you provided is accurate and complete and all the requirements for the card are met. If not, you’ll get a decision within 7 to 10 business days.
If additional verification is required, it can take up to 30 days to receive a response.
How long will it take to get my card?
Once approved, you’ll get your card within 10 business days by mail.
United Club℠ membership.
Get access for you and your companions to all United Club℠ and Star Alliance™ affiliated lounges worldwide. Save up to $550 in lounge visits per year.
Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection benefits.
Make a reservation with your card and get daily breakfast for two, dining or spa credit, complimentary Wi-Fi, a room upgrade if available and the option of early check-in and late check-out.
Free checked bags.
Get first and second checked bags for free for you and one companion. Save $240 per round trip, as the first bag costs $25 and the second costs $35 per person — one way.
Earn 2 miles per dollar for every United purchase and 1.5 miles per dollar on all other purchases. Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open. Redeem miles for United and Star Alliance™ flights, cabin upgrades, airport dining, shopping, gift cards, hotels and more.
You’ll also like …
0% foreign transaction fees.
Use your card whenever you want when traveling overseas without worrying about paying extra fees.
Priority services when traveling.
Get priority check-in, security screening when available, boarding and baggage privileges — ideal if you don’t want to wait around to board.
Grab $100 in statement credit when you make your first purchase. It may not be a generous signup bonus, but it’s easy to get.
Free employee cards.
Get additional employee cards at no cost. For a card worth $450 per year, no-fee additional cards can certainly help you lower your company expenses.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program.
Enroll in the program to get a 25% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points, upgrades, exclusive offers and more. Handy if you often rent Hertz cars.
Complimentary concierge service.
If you need help getting tickets for sports or entertainment events, dinner reservations or selecting the perfect gift, call Visa Signature® Concierge Service 24/7.
Trip and baggage reimbursement.
Get reimbursed up to $10,000 per trip if you get sick or your trip is canceled, and up to $500 for travel delays of more than 12 hours. Score baggage delay reimbursement for delays over 6 hours up to $100 a day for 3 days. And get lost baggage reimbursement up to $3,000 per passenger for you and your immediate family members.
What to watch out for
The United Club℠ Business Card costs $450 per year. If you frequently fly on United Airlines and you often visit United Clubs℠, your benefits will likely outweigh the annual fee.
High APR on purchases.
Consider other cards if you usually pay after your due date, as this card has an APR of 16.49% to 23.49% variable on purchases.
You’ll be charged a penalty APR of 29.99% if you don’t make the minimum payment due at least 20 days after the close of the billing cycle.
Compare business credit cards
Compare United Club℠ Business Card with other cards
How much are United miles worth?
- iPhone 8 64GB valued at $699. Buy it for 93,200 miles, or 0.75 cents per mile.
- Samsonite carry-on bag valued at $199. Buy it for 25,200 miles, or 0.79 cents per mile.
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas starting at $287. Get two nights for 13,090 miles, or 2.19 cents per mile.
- The Palazzo Las Vegas starting at $312. Get a luxury suite with king-sized bed for two nights for 17,060 miles, or 1.83 cents per mile.
- Roundtrip flight from New York to Los Angeles starting at $396. Get a basic economy flight starting at 17,500 miles, or 2.26 cents per mile.
To find the best value for your miles, divide the cash price by the miles: The higher the number you get, the better the value.
The United Club℠ Business Card favors hotel accommodations and flights with a higher value per mile. To get the most of your card, you should consider spending your miles exclusively on these two categories.
What size business is the United Club℠ Business Card good for?
Small businesses whose employees travel with United Airlines may find the United Club℠ Business Card a good choice. It lets you save up to $1,440 per year on free checked bags if you travel once a month, or $2,880 if you travel with a companion. You can also save up to $550 a year with complimentary access to United Club℠ and Star Alliance™ lounges. This alone makes up for the high annual fee.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the United Club℠ Business Card, you’ll need to provide information about you and your business that includes:
- Business name, address and type of business
- Tax identification number or Employer Identification Number
- Number of employees
- Years in business
- Personal information of the credit card owner
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a good business credit score of 670 or higher.
What’s my likelihood of being approved?
Businesses with a high credit score have a better chance of being approved.
United Club℠ Business Card reviews and complaints
JPMorgan Chase Credit Card, issuer of the United Club℠ Business Card, is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an A+ rating, with a composite score of 1 out of 5 stars based on 99 customer reviews. Despite its high rating with the BBB, it’s had nearly 2,554 customer complaints as of October 2020. The majority of negative feedback revolves around poor customer service, rising interest and issues getting fraudulent charges resolved. One person even claims to have had their credit card account closed without any notice, even though she paid the account on time every month and it was in good standing.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Otherwise, you’ll face late fees up to $39 and a penalty APR of 29.99%.
- Register for Hyatt® Discoverist status. Enroll in Hyatt’s loyalty program to get 10% bonus points, upgrade to a preferred room when available, get complimentary Wi-Fi and have the option of a late check-out.
- Join the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program. Enroll with the program to get upgrades, exclusive offers, a 25% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points and more if you often rent Hertz vehicles.
- Contact customer service. Call Chase customer service at 1-800-537-7783 if you need a hand, or call MileagePlus customer support at 1-800-421-4655 for help redeeming your miles.
Bottom lineUnited Club℠ Business Card is the premium United mileage card for small businesses. You’ll earn miles for every dollar spent on purchases, and you can redeem your miles for flights, hotels, shopping and more.
You can also save up to $240 every round trip with free first and second checked bags for you and your companion. And if you often visit United Club℠ and Star Alliance™ airport lounges, you can save up to $550 a year with free access to you and your travel companions.
As always, consider your options before applying for a credit card to find the best one for your business.
Frequently asked questions
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The United Club℠ Business Card by Chase is a small business credit card tailored for frequent United fliers. You earn 2 miles per dollar on United Airlines purchases and 1.5 miles per dollar on all other purchases. Redeem these miles for United and Star Alliance™ flights, cabin upgrades, hotel booking, gift cards, shopping, airport dining and more.
Some of the benefits that come with the card are complimentary access to airport lounges worldwide from United Club℠ and Star Alliance™, room upgrades at the Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection, two free checked bags per round trip for you and your companion, concierge service, travel insurance and more.
The only thing that disappoints is the stingy signup bonus of $100 in statement credit when you make your first purchase. Although it’s easy to acquire, for a card worth $450 per year, Chase and United could’ve been more generous with it. In comparison, the United℠ Explorer Business Card comes with a signup bonus of 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus, you’ll earn another 50,000 if you spend $25,000 total in the first 6 months of your account. All this, yet it only costs $95 per year.