United Club℠ Infinite Card review
A high-end card with generous rewards and premium perks.
- Get this card if you’re a frequent United Airlines flyer
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay a high annual fee.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 4x
for the first year ($525 thereafter)
16.49% to 23.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
|Product Name||United Club℠ Infinite Card|
|Annual fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($525 thereafter)|
|Purchase APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Balance transfer fee||$5 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash advance rate||24.99% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Interest free period||Up to 21 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $39|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $39|
|Rates & fees||rates & fees|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The United Club℠ Infinite Card is the new high-end addition to the United Airlines suite of cards. As a premium option with a $525 annual fee, the card doesn’t come cheap. With that kind of money, you can get the Amex Platinum Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve — both of which offer great travel rewards versatility, especially if you’re not bound to a single airline.
But here’s why you should consider this card: for the first year, you pay a $0 intro annual fee. No other premium card can boast that. Plus, you get to use all the premium perks. This includes the United Club membership each year, and that’s worth $650. And if you travel internationally, you get access to Star Alliance affiliated lounges. That’s two lounges that none of the other premium cards can get you in. Another cool perk is the free first and second checked bags. That’s a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip for two. This means you can offset the annual fee by taking two roundtrips a year.
As far as rewards go, each dollar spent on United Airlines purchases earns a massive 4 miles, a perk you’ll find only with this card. All things considered, if you often fly United, the United Club℠ Infinite Card is definitely worth checking out.
- Intro annual fee. Use this card for the first year without paying an annual fee. But from the second year onward, you still have to pay a $525 fee.
- United miles. Earn 4x miles on United purchases, 2x miles on dining at restaurants, and travel purchases including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, rideshare services and tolls. All other purchases earn 1x miles.
- United Club membership. Get access for you and up to two guests to any United Club or Star Alliance lounge. This perk alone is worth up to $650 per year.
- Free checked bags. Get first and second checked bags free for you and one companion traveling on your reservation. This can save you up to $320 per round trip.
- Premier Access travel services. As a cardmember, you also get priority check-in, security screening where available, priority boarding and baggage handling.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. This card comes with a high annual fee of $525 starting from the second year of card membership. That said, if you travel often with United Airlines, you can easily offset the fee.
- You may not be eligible for this card. You can only apply for the card if you don’t have a United Club card and have not received a signup bonus for any United Club card in the past 24 months.
- No intro APR period. You don’t get a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, common with airline credit cards.
How to apply for the United Club℠ Infinite Card
- Learn more about how to apply for United Club℠ Infinite Card.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare credit cards with lounge access
At first glance, the United Club℠ Infinite Card does seem like an expensive credit card choice. But if you often fly United, it may be worth your while. Aside from earning the highest number of miles than any other United card, you get to use the card with $0 annual fee for the first year, $525 after that. While the annual fee is very high, you’ll get a host of valuable perks, such as a United Club membership, priority boarding, first and second checked bags free and more.