United Club℠ Infinite Card review
A high-end card with generous rewards and premium perks.
- Get this card if you’re a frequent United Airlines flyer
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay a high annual fee.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Miles as welcome offer
Up to 4x
16.49% to 23.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||75,000 miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||4x miles on United purchases, 2x miles on travel and dining and 1x miles on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||740|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The United Club℠ Infinite Card is the new high-end addition to the United Airlines suite of cards. As a premium option with a $525 annual fee, the card doesn’t come cheap. With that kind of money, you can get the Amex Platinum Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve® — both of which offer great travel rewards versatility, especially if you’re not bound to a single airline.
But here’s why you should consider this card: You can easily cover the annual fee by earning the huge signup bonus your first year. Plus you’ll get a United Club membership each year, and that’s worth $650. And if you travel internationally, you get access to Star Alliance affiliated lounges. That’s two lounges that none of the other premium cards can get you in. Another cool perk is the free first and second checked bags. That’s a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip for two. This means you can offset the annual fee by taking two roundtrips a year.
As far as rewards go, each dollar spent on United Airlines purchases earns a massive 4 miles, a perk you’ll find only with this card. All things considered, if you often fly United, the United Club℠ Infinite Card is definitely worth checking out.
How to apply for the United Club℠ Infinite Card
- Learn more about how to apply for United Club℠ Infinite Card.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
United Club℠ Infinite Card benefits
- Signup bonus. Earn a whopping 75,000 miles after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months of account opening. Depending on how you redeem them, this can be worth around $975!
- United miles. Earn 4x miles on United purchases, 2x miles on dining at restaurants, and travel purchases including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, rideshare services and tolls. All other purchases earn 1x miles.
- United Club membership. Get access for you and up to two guests to any United Club or Star Alliance lounge. This perk alone is worth up to $650 per year.
- Free checked bags. Get first and second checked bags free for you and one companion traveling on your reservation. This can save you up to $320 per round trip.
- Premier Access travel services. As a cardmember, you also get priority check-in, security screening where available, priority boarding and baggage handling.
Travel and purchase coverage
As a cardmember, you also get access to perks like:
- Trip cancelation and interruption insurance. Get reimbursement up to $10,000 per person and up to $20,000 per trip for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses like fares, tours and hotels in case you get sick or there’s severe weather.
- Trip delay reimbursement. You and your family are covered for up to $500 per ticket for meals and lodging in situations where your common carrier travel is delayed more than 12 hours.
- Baggage delay insurance. Get reimbursement for essential purchases up to $100 per day for three days when your bags are delayed for over six hours by the passenger carrier.
- Lost luggage reimbursement. In case your carrier loses or damages your checked or carry-on luggage or the luggage of your immediate family, you can get $3,000 coverage per passenger.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver. Charge the entire rental cost to your card and get coverage against theft and damage up to the actual cash value of the car. Note, you must decline the car rental company collision insurance.
- Purchase protection. Your new purchases are automatically covered for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Return protection. You can return eligible items within 90 days even when the store won’t take the items back. You will also be reimbursed up to $500 per item and $1,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection. Get an additional warranty year when the original manufacturer’s warranty lasts up to three years.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. This card comes with a high annual fee of $525. That said, if you travel often with United Airlines, you can easily offset the fee.
- You may not be eligible for this card. You can only apply for the card if you don’t have a United Club card and have not received a signup bonus for any United Club card in the past 24 months.
- No intro APR period. You don’t get a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers. This shouldn’t deter you, though, as intro APR period is rarely offered by airline credit cards.
- The card is part of Chase 5/24 rule. This means Chase will automatically decline your card application if you have opened five or more cards in the past 24 months. Credit cards you’ve opened and closed during this period also count.
Compare credit cards with lounge access
At first glance, the United Club℠ Infinite Card does seem like an expensive credit card choice. But if you often fly United, it may be worth your while. While the annual fee is very high, you’ll get a host of valuable perks, such as a United Club membership, priority boarding, first and second checked bags free and more.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.