United℠ Business Card review
Get first checked bag free, priority boarding and earn rewards.
finder.com’s rating: 4.6 / 5
- Get this card if you often travel United Airlines for your business.
- Pick a general travel card if you want flexibility to earn and redeem your points on a variety of airlines.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher for the best chances of approval.
Miles as welcome offer
Up to 2x
16.49% to 23.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||75,000 miles after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months, plus 75,000 miles after spending $20,000 total in the first 6 months|
|Rewards||2x miles on United, at gas stations, office supply stores, restaurants (including eligible delivery services), on local transit and commuting, and 1x miles on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||16.49% to 23.49% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
Business owners who occasionally or frequently fly United Airlines have an excellent credit card option — the United℠ Business Card. For a $99 annual fee, this card gives you valuable United Airlines perks that make the card worth way more than it costs.
For example, you earn United miles on all of your purchases, get your first checked bag free, two one-time United Club passes each year and a generous welcome offer worth up to $1,800 or even more if you find a good deal for miles redemption.
Businesses whose employees often travel can add employee credit cards at no extra cost. Employee cards also earn miles, which can help you rack up miles quickly to redeem toward your next flight.
Without notable downsides, the United℠ Business Card is an excellent card for businesses that fly United at least a few times each year.
How to apply for the United℠ Business Card
- Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
United℠ Business Card benefits
- Signup bonus. Earn up to 150,000 miles, one of the highest bonuses you can earn with a credit card. You can get 75,000 bonus miles once you spend $5,000 in your first 3 months of card membership. Then get 75,000 miles after you spend $20,000 total in the first 6 months. With a 1.2 cents-per-mile average redemption value toward United flights, this can be worth $1,800 or more.
- United miles. Earn 2x miles on United purchases — including United flights, in-flight food and beverages and Wi-Fi. You’ll get 2x miles on local transit and commuting, such as taxi, mass transit, tolls and rideshares, 2x miles at gas stations and office supply stores. The same 2x miles apply on restaurants and some delivery services, including Grubhub, Caviar, Seamless and DoorDash. Everything else you buy earns 1x miles.
- Anniversary bonus miles. Pair this card with a personal United credit card, and you’ll get 5,000 bonus miles each year on your card anniversary. Considering you can get $75 value out of this — or even higher — this perk could easily offset your card’s annual fee.
- Earn annual travel credit. Make seven United-flight related purchases worth $100 or more and get a $100 travel credit each year. United-flight related purchases include seat upgrades, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, Wi-Fi, baggage service charges or other United fees.
- Employee cards at no additional cost. Employee cards act as authorized users on your account and they cost nothing extra. But you are fully liable for any charges they make. To put your mind at ease, you can set spending limits on all of your employee cards.
As a United cardmember, you get additional United perks. These include:
- Priority boarding. As a cardmember, you get United Airlines priority boarding. This means you board your plane after MileagePlus Premier members and before general boarding.
- First checked bag free. The primary cardholder and one companion traveling on the same reservation get first checked bag free. This can save you $140 per roundtrip for two, more than enough to offset the card’s annual fee.
- Two United Club one-time passes. Every year, you get two United Club one-time passes worth $118. Another perk that makes the card worth more than it costs.
- 25% back on United inflight purchases. Get 25% back as a statement credit on United inflight purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi. You should get the statement credit within 24 hours after purchase.
United℠ Business Card drawbacks
- Annual fee. The card comes with a $99 annual fee.
- No intro APR period. This card doesn’t offer a 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers. But it’s rare to find an airline card with these perks. If this is a perk you need, consider business cards with an intro APR period.
United℠ Business Card reviews and complaints
JPMorgan Chase Credit Card is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau but it’s rated A+. It has a score of 1.04 out of 5 stars based on 122 customer reviews as of April 2021.
Customer complaints revolve around poor customer service and hidden costs with all Chase credit cards in general. But if you read your card’s terms and conditions, you’ll avoid paying unnecessary fees.
Compare business credit cards
The United℠ Business Card is a great card if you fly United at least a few times a year. But sometimes a general travel card, or another type of card, could be a better choice. Compare other cards in the table below to make sure you get the right one for your business.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
The United℠ Business Card can be a valuable option for your business if you occasionally or frequently fly United Airlines. Not only do you get to earn a generous signup bonus, but you get to earn accelerated rewards points on a variety of categories. Plus, you get United Airlines perks that can save you money.
But if you prefer other airlines, or if you don’t want to be locked with a single airline, compare other business travel credit cards.
What’s changed with the United℠ Business Card
|07/3/2021||Old:||New: Annual fee: Introductory annual fee removed. Welcome offer: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, earn an additional 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $20,000 total in the first 6 months your account is open. Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.|
Frequently asked questions
Do I get travel insurance perks with this card?
You don’t get travel insurance, but you get similar perks, such as:
- Trip cancelation/interruption insurance
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
What can I redeem United miles for?
Redeem United miles for:
- Cabin upgrades
- Gift cards
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.