United commercial auto insurance review Aug 2021
Cover your vehicles locally and get instant coverage from UAI
finder.com’s rating: 3.5 / 5.0
Chicago-based United Auto Insurance will work with you on customized commercial car insurance policies and is known for instant coverage — but it only services Illinois and Indiana.
|States served||Illinois, Indiana|
No info available
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
- Instant coverage
- Numerous industries
- Wide customer support
- Strong business rating
- Few locations
- Vague website info
- No online claims
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Paid in full discount||No|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Other discounts||Not specified|
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
United Auto Insurance is known for its instant coverage and protection for a variety of vehicles. Also, you can rely on its strong business rating and wide customer support. However, coverage is limited to only two states and you can’t make claims online.
How to contact United Auto
You can get in touch with the company seven days a week:
- Online. Fill out a contact form with your information and message from the UAI website’s Contact Us page.
- Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone. Contact customer service based on your location on the website’s contact page. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mail. Send mail to the physical location at 3201 North Harlem Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60634.
- In person. Talk to a representative in person at 3201 North Harlem Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60634.
- Fax. Send forms, documents and letters to 219-881-0800.
What commercial auto insurance does United Auto Insurance offer?
Availability may vary by location and business type, but typical policies from United Auto Insurance can include:
- Collision. Protect business vehicle damage during accidents involving other cars or objects.
- Comprehensive. Cover repairs or replacements for your vehicle when damaged by something other than a collision. This includes theft, natural disasters or animal incidents.
- Liability. Protect other drivers from the cost of personal injuries or vehicle damage if an accident is your business’s fault.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist. Pay for your medical expenses if the other driver doesn’t have the insurance coverage you need.
- Medical bills. Help the other people involved in an accident if it results in injuries or death.
What features does United Auto offer for businesses?
United Auto Insurance offers the basic features. But the company does highlight a few extras that are beneficial to businesses:
- Seasonal policies. UAI offers the flexibility of switching coverage based on your busy seasons.
- Industry-specific coverage. The company stresses its ability to cover many types of industries and vehicles — including taxis, limos, box trucks and trailers.
- 24/7 roadside service. Both businesses and personal auto members can receive 24/7 towing, mechanical or locksmith services anywhere in the US.
United Auto Insurance commercial auto insurance reviews and complaints
According to the Better Business Bureau, United Auto maintains a strong A+ rating for covering a variety of people, as of October 2020. In fact, it’s known for covering individuals with less than perfect driving records, including those with revoked or suspended licenses and DUIs. UAI accepts a wide range of commercial drivers.
Due to UAI’s local landscape, there isn’t much information on how satisfied customers are on consumer-rated sites. The company does have over 90 recommendations on social media.
Alternatives to United commercial car insurance
Where can I get commercial car insurance from UAI?
UAI is a small, established company based in Chicago, Illinois. The company only provides service to Illinois and Indiana and has been serving that area since 1979.
Pros and cons of United Auto commercial car insurance
- Instant coverage. Start your coverage now, with no waiting periods.
- Numerous industries. A variety of businesses and vehicles can get commercial insurance, including box trucks and trailers.
- Wide customer support. Use the method of contact that’s best for your schedule.
- Strong business rating. United Auto Insurance has an A+ rating by the BBB.
- Few locations. You can only get coverage in two states.
- Vague website info. The company’s website could do a better job of detailing its coverage, features and discounts. Contact your local agent for detailed info.
- No online claims. UAI may not need to streamline their claims process yet, but more online support would make reporting claims convenient.
Common questions about UAI commercial auto
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.