Umpqua Bank auto loans review
Up to 100% financing for new and used cars with a low origination fee and autopay discount.
Min. Loan Amount
Max. Loan Amount
Starting at 4.57%
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for an auto loan with Umpqua Bank, you’ll need to meet these eligibility requirements:
- Have a credit score of at least 630.
- Have a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of 60% or less.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least 18 years old.
Your vehicle must also meet these two criteria:
- Be no more than 10 years old.
- Not have a salvage title.
Since you’ll have to apply for your loan in person, be sure you live in one of Umpqua’s five serviced states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho and Nevada. You can find a nearby branch on Umpqua’s website by entering your city and state or ZIP code into its navigation tool.
What makes Umpqua Bank car loans unique?
Umpqua Bank prides itself on offering a local, personalized banking experience, but that’s not all it has to offer. Its auto loans come with one of the smallest origination fees on the market — just $100. This is much less than the standard 1% or 2% origination fee that many other banks and online lenders charge. And Umpqua’s 0.5% autopay discount can help you reduce your monthly car payments.
What types of car loans does Umpqua Bank offer?
- New vehicles. Umpqua Bank considers new cars to be models from the current or future year, or models from the previous year that haven’t been previously titled. APRs start at 4.57% with terms from 2 years to 7 years.
- Used vehicles. Used cars can be no more than 10 years old, and the value is based on the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) trade-in value. APRs start at 4.82% with terms from 2 years to six years.
Unfortunately, Umpqua Bank doesn’t have an online application for its car loans, so you’ll need to visit your local branch to begin the process in person.
Other vehicle financing options from Umpqua Bank
Not looking for a car? Umpqua Bank offers up to 90% financing for new and used boats and RVs. APRs are fixed and start at 6.9% — including a $100 origination fee — with terms between four and 15 years. As with Umpqua Bank’s car loans, you can’t apply online.
What are the benefits of a car loan from Umpqua Bank?
Umpqua Bank’s auto loans come with a slew of perks, including:
- Low origination fee. You’ll only be on the hook for a $100 origination fee with Umpqua’s auto loans.
- Autopay discount. Score a 0.5% rate discount by signing up for automatic payments from your Umpqua Bank account.
- 100% financing. You can finance up to 100% of a new car’s value or a used car’s NADA trade-in value.
- Longer loan terms. Umpqua Bank’s new car loans come with terms of up to 7 years.
What to watch out for
Before applying for an auto loan with Umpqua Bank, consider these potential drawbacks:
- No online application. Unlike most banks and other lenders, you won’t be able to apply online.
- Limited availability. Since you need to apply for an auto loan in person, you’ll need to make sure you live near a branch in one of the five states Umpqua Bank services.
- Not much information online. You won’t find many details like eligibility requirements for Umpqua Bank’s auto loans on its website. You’ll need to call or visit your local branch to get more info.
- Limited reviews. Despite having been around for over 60 years, there aren’t many reviews of Umpqua Bank online.
Compare more car loan providers
How do I apply?
Umpqua Bank doesn’t offer an online application, so you’ll need to apply over the phone or visit your local branch. You can get started by filling out a contact form online to have an Umpqua Bank representative get in touch with you.
- Visit the Umpqua Bank website and click Personal Banking.
- Click Personal & Home Loans, then click Auto Loan.
- Click Contact us and enter your name, email, phone number, ZIP code, loan type, preferred contact method and the best time to reach you.
- Click Submit.
You should hear back from a representative to begin the application process. You may need to bring along some information about yourself, including proof of income, employment and citizenship. If you have any questions about the specific documents you’ll need to apply, you can go over them with your representative before heading to your local branch.
I got an auto loan from Umpqua Bank. Now what?
If you’re approved for an auto loan with Umpqua Bank, you have 30 days to find the car you’d like to purchase and complete the process. At this point, a representative will let you know what other documents you need to provide to finalize your loan.
Once you have your new set of wheels, it’s time to start thinking about repayments. If you already have an Umpqua Bank account, consider signing up for autopay to shave 0.5% off your APR.
If you have any questions, reach out to customer service by calling 866-790-2121.
Residents of the Pacific Northwest who prefer applying for an auto loan in person may want to check out Umpqua Bank. It offers up to 100% financing for new and used cars with competitive APRs and long loan terms. However, if you live outside of the five states Umpqua services or prefer an online application, you’ll want to consider your other options.
Read our guide to car loans to compare other lenders and learn more about how auto loans work.