Ultamate Rewards Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee credit card for Ulta Beauty regulars.
- Get this card if you spend a lot at Ulta Beauty.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on other categories.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 2x
Purchase APR (variable)
|Product Name||Ultamate Rewards Credit Card|
|Card type||Store card|
|Purchase APR||27.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Interest free period||Up to 25 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $40|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $40|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
There are also two Ultamate Rewards Credit Cards: a store card version and a Mastercard version. You don’t know which card you’ll get until your application is approved. If you have a higher credit score, you’ll likely get the Mastercard, which comes with a welcome offer of 500 bonus points and you get to earn 1 point on every $3 you spend outside of Ulta Beauty.
On the downside, you don’t get a 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers and you can only redeem your points for discounts on your Ulta Beauty purchases.
But, if you spend a lot of money at Ulta Beauty, your points are worth way more than you would get with another rewards credit card. And since you don’t pay an annual fee for the card, this may be a good addition to your wallet.
- Reward points. Earn 2x points at Ulta Beauty. If you get a Mastercard, you also earn 1 point for every $3 spent anywhere else.
- Welcome offer. Get 20% off your first purchase at Ulta Beauty. With the Mastercard version, you also get to earn a 500-point welcome bonus once you spend $500 in your first 90 days outside Ulta Beauty.
- High redemption value. Most credit cards value their points at one cent apiece. But with this card, the more points you have, the higher their value.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of this card.
|Redeem points||Dollars off Ulta Beauty purchases|
What to watch out for
- Two credit cards. You don’t know which Ulta credit card you’ll get until you’re approved.
- Limited redemption options. You can only redeem Ultamate Rewards points for discounts at Ulta Beauty.
- No intro APR period. No matter which credit card version you get, you won’t get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers or purchases.
- Foreign transaction fee. Purchases made abroad or online with foreign merchants will cost 3% of the amount.
How to apply for the Ultamate Rewards Credit Card
- Visit Ulta.com and find the Ultamate Rewards Credit Card at the bottom of the page.
- Click the link and then click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher to increase the chances of approval for the Mastercard version. Otherwise, apply with a lower credit score for the store-branded card.
Compare store credit cards
The Ultamate Rewards Credit Card’s strongest feature is the 2x points on Ulta Beauty purchases. This may not seem like much, but the more points you earn, the higher the redemption value. If you spend more than $400 at Ulta Beauty, you can get a value of more than 7% back.
But before you apply, compare other rewards credit cards to be aware of the options and make the best choice for you.