Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account review
If you’re looking for a more exclusive bank account, the Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account could be right for you.
|Account name||Private Current Account|
|ATM withdrawal limit||£500|
|Card type||Cash / Debit|
|Minimum eligibility age||18 Years|
|Min. operating balance||£0.01|
|Min. opening balance||£0.01|
|Current account switch guarantee|
What is the Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account?
The Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account is a step up from a standard bank account and offers a more exclusive service. Through the account, you’ll have access to a named Private Manager who will help you with more complex financial matters, as well as a dedicated Private Direct Telephone team to assist with your everyday banking needs.
How does it work?
With the Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account, you’ll benefit from the following key features:
- Worldwide multi-trip travel insurance. For you and your family, including winter sports, golf and business cover. You must be under 75 years old to get cover.
- Financial support. Access to a Private Manager to help manage your finances and connect you to services that will help you reach your financial goals.
- Customer support. Access to a dedicated Private Direct Telephone team to help with your day-to-day banking needs.
- Bespoke services. Access to specialist services, from savings to mortgages, credit cards, asset finance and a wealth referral service (product fees may apply).
- Savings account. Option to link your surplus credit balances to a private savings account.
Who is it for?
The Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account is designed for those who are looking for a more exclusive bank account and personal service. To qualify, you’ll need to have individual earnings of more than £75,000, joint incomes of £100,000 or investable assets of £100,000. A fee of £25 per month also applies.
What are the benefits?
As well as offering worldwide multi-trip travel insurance for you and your family, the biggest perks of the Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account include the exclusive customer service you’ll receive with your own private manager and a dedicated team you can call at any point.
How to apply
You can open a Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account by locating your nearest business and private banking centre, calling the bank on 0800 587 5871, or using the bank’s online contact form to receive a call back.
Pros and cons of the account
- Worldwide multi-trip family travel insurance
- Access to a private manager and dedicated telephone team
- Access to specialist services and products
- Arranged overdraft available
- You’ll need a high income or substantial assets to qualify
- £25 monthly fee
- No interest paid on in-credit balances
- Overdrafts are charged at 14.90% EAR
If you’re looking for a private bank account with your own dedicated customer service team and private banking manager, the Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account has a lot to offer. With access to exclusive services and products, plus worldwide travel insurance thrown in too, there’s a lot to like. However, eligibility criteria is strict and there’s a high monthly fee to pay too, so you’ll need to weigh up whether this is worth it.