Enjoy fee-free transfers when you send a secure international money transfer with World First.
World First is an online money transfer provider founded and based in the UK. Established in 2004, the company aims to offer simple and convenient international transfers that are also much more affordable than the overseas transfer options provided by your bank.
With more than 76,000 clients around the globe, World First offers fee-free transfers whenever you want to send more than £1,000 overseas.
Having handled well over $55 billion worth of international transfers, World First prides itself on customer service. It was named the best customer-facing service business in Europe at the 2013/14 European Business Awards, and also won the 2013 UK Customer Experience Award for Financial Services – Banking and Investment. COntinue reading our review to find out if the international money transfer service is right for you.
|Product Name||World First International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 2,500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|1 - 2 days|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AUD, EUR, GBP, JPY, NZD, USD|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
Make a transfer with Azimo
World First exchange rates
World First takes a smaller margin on foreign exchange than the major banks, which means it’s able to offer competitive exchange rates to customers. World First customers can view live market rates, set up rate alerts to monitor the market and also take advantage of economic commentary. Limit orders and forward contracts are also available to allow you to get the exchange rate you need for your transaction.
How much does it cost to transfer money with World First?
- For personal clients, and online sellers World First does not charge any transfer fees.
- For business clients fees can range from £0 to £15 per transaction.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The minimum transfer amount that World First accepts is £1,000, or an equivalent amount in other currencies.
World First offers a range of popular and exotic currencies to suit a range of countries across the globe. Some of the most popular include:
- United Arab Emirates dirham (AED)
- Australian dollar (AUD)
- Bulgarian lev (BGN)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Swiss franc (CHF)
- Czech koruna (CZK)
- Danish krone (DKK)
- Euro (EUR)
- British pound (GBP)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Hungarian forint (HUF)
- Israeli shekel (ILS)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Norwegian krone (NOK)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Polish zloty (PLN)
- Romanian leu (RON)
- Saudi riyal (SAR)
- Swedish krona (SEK)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Turkish lira (TRY)
- US dollar (USD)
- South Africa rand (ZAR)
- For more details about the countries and currencies that World First transfer with, please visit their website.
What types of transfers can you carry out with World First?
World First offers the following types of transfers:
- Customer service. Get access to customer service on a variety of platforms and speak to a representative online, over the phone or through the app.
- Spot contract. These are one-off transfers that can be placed immediately.Forward contract. This allows you to lock in an attractive exchange rate today for a transfer that will take place up to three years in advance.
- Regular transfers. This allows you to set up a payment plan to automate your regular international transfers. Transfers can take between 1-2 days.
- Currency options. Options allow you the security of locking in a rate but also make it possible to benefit when market rates move in your favour.
- Limit orders. A limit order allows you to specify the exchange rate you want and then let World First monitor the market for you. If your desired rate is achieved, the transfer will be sent.
If you ever need assistance with a transfer, World First offers a handy online FAQ section where you may be able to find the answer you’re looking for. If you can’t, it offers phone, email and live online chat support, with its offices open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
Before you can send money using World First you will need to register for a free account. You will simply need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information, including an email address.
- Your country of residence.
- Your residential address
- Date of birth
- Proof of ID (e.g. driver’s licence or passport).
- Details about your money transfer needs.
The next step is to provide full details of your transaction, such as where you are sending the money, how much you’re transferring and in what currency. You’ll also need to supply your recipient’s name and bank account details.
You can choose the type of transfer you would like to place from the list above and then transfer funds to World First from your bank account. World First will convert your Pounds into the recipient’s currency and then send a bank account transfer. Transfers can take between 1-2 days.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of using World First?
- No fees. Personal customers don’t have to pay any transfer fees when they send money overseas with World First.
- Award-winning customer service. World First has won multiple awards for its customer service and offers phone, email and online support options.
- Better exchange rates than the banks. Compare the exchanger rates on offer from World First with those provided by your bank.
- Lack of information. World First does not provide readily available information about the currencies it supports and countries you can transfer funds to on its website.
What other products and services does World First offer?
In addition to personal transfers, World First also offers its transfer services to business customers and online sellers. It aims to offer cheap, fast and secure international payments to businesses and provides a range of flexible transfer options. For online sellers, World First aims to make it simple and affordable for you to bring your money home from overseas.