Where to buy cycling shorts online
Take your cycling experience to another level with a new, must-have pair of cycling shorts.
Cycling shorts can really make the difference when you’re in the saddle as their main aim is to help you avoid sores and chafing. If you’re looking to improve your cycling experience, let us guide you to the best places to kit yourself out with a more comfy ride.
Best shops to buy cycling shorts online
Check out our carefully prepared list of online retailers that offer a wide range of cycling clothing, including shorts. Find out who will provide you with free delivery services, price matching and the best discounts.Back to top
Cycling clothing: What else you may need
The right cycling apparel will not only streamline you for your ride, but will also keep you safe and warm from the winds that you might experience while whipping around the city or the mountain trails.
- Speed suits. Speed suits are designed for ProTour cycling and are developed with a focus on aerodynamics, sweat wicking and comfort. Suits are the ultimate outfit for any keen cyclist but can be quite pricey. Unless you’re planning to participate in a tour or circuit, you may wish to look at tops and shorts instead.
- Cycling tops. Tops can be broken up into two sections: base layers and jerseys. Base layers are designed to keep your body warm and dry by wicking moisture away from your body. When choosing yours, make sure it’s odour resistant and fits comfortably. Jerseys are a fundamental component of any rider’s kit – they wick moisture, provide ventilation and comfort, and they tend to be cut to allow for high performance in the tucked position.
- Jackets. When the weather is unpredictable, a good jacket is something you won’t regret lugging around for a bit. Things to look for include waterproofing, a high collar to protect against wind-chill, DWR coating for added resistance against weather, a drop tail to protect you from tyre spray, underarm zips to increase breathability and reflective accents to increase visibility in low-light conditions.
- Shorts. Not the most flattering part of your kit, to be frank, but a definite must-have for your cycling experience. Because – let’s face it – if you’re going to be in the saddle for some time, a padded buffer makes things a lot more comfortable. For extra comfort, you might even want to look into bib-shorts, which strap over the shoulders to alleviate some of the pressure and stress that your hips will feel during a good cycle.
- Tights and trousers. Colder weather means you’ll have to move from shorts to tights or trousers. Which one you choose is down to how comfortable you feel in each. Fitted tights will keep you warm and offer comfort and flexibility, but if you prefer something looser, trousers are still a great option. Many come equipped with a panel for padding and have added pockets for phones, keys and loose change.
- Compression clothing. The benefits of compression clothing include added stability and support during your ride. This will increase circulation and decrease muscle soreness. You can purchase compression tights, tops, socks, guards and underwear.
- Winter warmers. You never know when the weather will change, so you’d better be prepared when it does. This doesn’t mean having to stow away a whole jacket in your backpack just in case – you can purchase arm warmers, knee warmers, leg warmers and neck warmers that you can layer up underneath if you need to.
- Reflective clothing. Are you a night cycler? Or perhaps you’re cycling during winter with restricted and unpredictable levels of light. Reflective clothing is a must to keep you safe when the light begins to fade. Choose from vests, gloves and jackets, or – for those who feel that it’s too much of a fashion faux pas – you can also purchase wristbands and stickers.
- Cycling shoes. You might be wondering why you need special cycling shoes instead of just using your trainers. Fair point if you’re on a Sunday ride through the park, but if you’re starting to get serious about bike riding, then you should get some serious cycling shoes. They have a cleat on their base that clips into the pedals, allowing for more fluid movement and a better performance.
Cycle to work
If you’re planning on commuting in your new gear, check with your employer to see if you’re eligible to participate in the government’s cycle to work scheme. Take a look at our page on cycle to work schemes for more information.Back to top
Popular cycling deals and discount codes
Bag a cycling bargain! Use one of our discount codes and promotions to save money on your new bike, cycling clothes and accessories. But hurry up, these deals never last long!
Keep on cycling this winter with all the gear to keep you toasty warm from brands including Wiggle and Tredz.Read more…
As summer draws to a close, stay safe when cycling outdoors with reflective clothing from these online stores, including Wiggle, Evans Cycles and Chain Reaction Cycles.Read more…
In the market for some cycling shoes? You’ve come to the right place.Read more…
Looking to go electric? Help out the environment, simplify your morning commute and stay fit with an electric bike. Find out everything you need to know in our handy guide.Read more…
Check out our list of online retailers where you can kit yourself out with a new pair of cycling shorts and pedal it out during your next ride.Read more…
Raring to get into cycling? You’ll have all the gear and the information you need with these need-to-know tips.Read more…
Take care of your safety when in the saddle. Check out our list of 10 online shops and find a bike helmet that will suit your cycling needs and your budget.Read more…
Use this guide to find the right bike lights to keep you safe on the road at night.Read more…
Discover the best bike lock for your individual bike and check out our top tips to find the right lock for you.Read more…
Looking to buy a Giant bike? These online retailers stock products by the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Where to buy reflective cycling clothes online
As summer draws to a close, stay safe when cycling outdoors with reflective clothing from these online stores, including Wiggle, Evans Cycles and Chain Reaction Cycles.
Where to buy bamboo face masks in the UK
Looking for a reusable, comfortable bamboo face mask? We’ve listed the best places you can buy one online, with some offering free delivery.
Where to buy reusable cloth face masks and cotton face masks online
Find out where to buy cloth, cotton and fabric face masks online from the UK. Shop 100% cotton face coverings
Summer activewear: Stay cool while exercising in the heat
Looking for breathable fabrics to keep you cool during a summer workout sesh? We’ve rounded up the best summer activewear buys for you.
Where to buy surgical masks and disposable face masks online – Stock checked daily
Check out these online retailers that have dispoable surgical masks available and in-stock right now, plus see where to find the fastest shipping.
Where to buy isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol online
Need to disinfect your home? Find out where to buy isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol online and say goodbye to germs.
Where to buy hand sanitiser online in the UK (In stock)
Free yourself from infection by using hand sanitiser. This is where you can buy it online.
Where to buy sports bras online
Need a new sports bra to support you during your workouts? Read our handy guide to find out where to shop for sports bras online.
Where to watch Love & Hip-Hop: New York online free
Find out where you can watch the reality television show Love & Hip-Hop: New York online in the UK, and how much you’ll have to pay.
Where to buy cycling shoes
In the market for some cycling shoes? You’ve come to the right place.
Ask an Expert