Get rewarded on transfers over £20
Western Union is one of the most well-known international money transfer providers – but not the cheapest. Taking advantage of deals can help you save on your next transfer.
Unfortunately, Western Union isn’t offering any deals right now. But we have an alternative offer for you to save money:
Popular International Money Transfers - UK discount codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|12 Jan 2022||Get rewarded on transfers over £20||Tak****|
|13 Jan 2022||3 Months Fee-Free Transfers||********|
|30 Mar 2021||Receive a £25 Amazon voucher when you refer a friend||********|
|13 Mar 2020||Free transfer with better exchange rate for new customers||********|
|6 Oct 2020||Sign up for free with Currencies Direct||********|
How do I use my Western Union discount code?
Visit the Western Union website to use your promo code:
- Create a free account if you’re not a Western Union member.
- Select send money and enter your transfer details such as the destination, how much you want to send, how you want to send and how you want the receiver to collect the money.
- Enter the promotional code by checking the I have a promo code box at the bottom of the page.
- Press apply to activate the promotional code and get your discount.
Why is my Western Union promo code not working?
There are several reasons this could be happening. To troubleshoot, consider the following:
- Does your code meet the terms and conditions? You might have to send a certain amount through Western Union, or it may only be applicable for some currencies.
- Is your code correctly entered into the field? Sounds simple, but sometimes copy and paste gets the better of all of us. Western Union codes might be case-sensitive, so bear this in mind.
- Are there any restrictions on the code? There may be a certain time frame you have to use it within, or it may be restricted to a certain country that Western Union services.
- Have you used the code already? The code might only be for one-time use.
How can I save money when using Western Union without a promo code?
The Western Union membership programme offers rewards, which may help you save money over time or after sending a few large transfers. To learn more about Western Union before signing up, read our Western Union review to learn about fees, exchange rates, the reward program and more.
What forms of payment does Western Union accept?
You can pay for your Western Union money transfer using the following methods:
- Cash in person. Pay cash at a Western Union agent to send money in person.
- Credit or debit card. Enter your card details to make an online payment when you opt to send money from the Western Union website. You can also make a card payment at a Western Union agent.
- Bank transfer. Link your checking account to your Western Union online profile and send money directly from your bank.
See how other services compare to Western Union
Quickly compare a few other money transfer companies against Western Union to make sure you’re getting a strong exchange rate and minimal fees for your transfer.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
What is a group personal pension?
Find out how a group personal pension works and how you can use a workplace pension scheme to build your wealth.
Car insurance for 20-year-olds
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a 20 year old and how to save on your premiums.
Lithium stocks: Popular lithium companies to invest in
Lithium mining stocks can be rewarding, but there are risks involved that could impact your profits. Find out how to invest in lithium mining companies.
How to consolidate credit card debt
If you’ve a lot of credit card debt to repay, consolidating it into one place with one monthly repayment could make your life a lot easier.
Compare self invested personal pensions (SIPPs)
Saving enough money to guarantee yourself a comfortable retirement can be complicated. If you’re thinking of investing, a SIPP can be a viable option.
Tax relief and employer contributions mean that saving into a workplace pension is an invaluable way to bolster your retirement income.
Best bank account switching deals in the UK 2022
We look at switching bonuses, what they are, how they work and which banks offer the best ones. If you’re fed up with your current bank, you could switch accounts and get a nice little cash bonus as an extra perk.
How to consolidate pensions
Moving multiple pensions into one scheme could cut costs and save time. We explain the pros and cons of consolidating your pension.
Defined contribution pension schemes
Defined contribution, or money purchase, pensions are the most common way to save for retirement. Here’s what you need to know.
Who owns your credit card?
Knowing who owns your credit card will help ensure you find the best credit card deals.
Ask an Expert