We’ve checked out the van insurance from More Than and highlighted what’s covered to help you decide if this insurer can offer you a good deal.
More Than offers personal and business van insurance suitable for a range of budgets. It says it can even be enhanced to suit specific requirements such as cover for tools. What’s more, the insurer claims to offer existing customers up to 15% off additional van insurance policies. Here’s what else we think you should know about this 5-star-Defaqto-rated van insurer.
More Than Van Insurance
- Up to 15% discount on additional van insurance policies
- Third party EU cover for comprehensive policies
- Many optional extras to enhance your policy
Compare More Than policies
Who is More Than?
More Than is a trading name of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
What are More Than’s levels of cover?
To be on UK roads, all drivers are legally required to have at least third party van insurance. More Than doesn’t offer third party on its own, but it does offer two higher levels of cover.
- Third party, fire and theft (TPFT). If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your van.
- Comprehensive. This is the highest level of cover on offer through More Than and will provide the same protection as TPFT as well as insuring your van against accidental damage and vandalism. It’s always worth checking the cost of comprehensive as it can be cheaper than third party or TPFT.
More Than offers a range of additional protection to bolt onto your policy, including:
- Breakdown cover. More Than offers four levels of RAC breakdown cover.
- Temporary hire van. Options from 7,14 or 21 days of cover while your van is being repaired at one of More Than’s recommended repairers.
- Enhanced EU cover. Comprehensive cover for up to 120 days.
- No-claims discount protection. Keep your no-claims discount intact as long as you make no more than two claims over five years of cover.
- In-van electronics cover. Cover for audio, telephone, satellite navigation systems and visual entertainment equipment.
- Personal belongings cover (with comprehensive only). Cover for loss or damage to personal possessions in or on your van.
- Goods in transit cover (with business use only). Covers for loss or damage to goods being carried that relate to your business such as tools and personal belongings.
- Tools in van cover. More Than offers three cover levels for the loss or damage of tools up to £500, £1,000 or £1,500.
What is covered under my policy?
|Cover benefits||Third party, fire and theft||Comprehensive|
|Liability to other people||✓||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|Third party EU cover||✓|
|New van cover up to an additional £3,000 on top of the vehicle’s market value if under one year old and written off||✓|
|Personal accident cover up to £5,000||✓|
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your van and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for More Than?
You should call the More Than claims line on 0330 102 4589 to make a claim.
The claims line is open Mondays to Fridays 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 8am to 4pm.
Alternatively, you can complete the initial online claims form within the claims section of the More Than website.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Details about the incident
- Names and contact details of everyone involved in the incident, including passengers, third parties, any witnesses
- The makes, models and registration numbers of all vehicles involved
- Third party insurance details and policy numbers
- Crime reference number, if applicable
- Digital photographs, if available
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for More Than van insurance
- More Than’s van insurance is 5-star Defaqto-rated
- Third party EU cover included with comprehensive cover
- Policies can be enhanced with extra protection
- Claims line is not open 24/7
- No courtesy van hire as standard
- You will have to pay an admin fee if you decide to cancel your policy
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.