Sometimes when we look at the ones we love, we can get a bit lost for words. On Valentine’s Day, you really want the right thing to say, so just borrow a quote from one of the great romantics! Whether you go old fashioned or perhaps even borrow from a trashy movie or two, quoting something sweet to your Valentine is a sure-fire way to win their heart.
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from TV
If you’re TV mad, chances are that your partner is the person you’ve been binge-watching all the shows with.
So what better way to show them you’ve been paying attention than by including a quote from one of their favourite shows in a Valentine’s Day card?
Whether you’ve been together for years or are just plucking up the courage to confess your feelings, TV has your back.
- “Three words. Eight letters. Say it and I’m yours.” – Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
- “When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me. It’s you.” – Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill
- “The things that you have done for me to help me, support me, surprise me, to make me happy, go above and beyond what any person deserves. You’re all I need. I love you and I like you.” – Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
- “It’s like my life isn’t even real to me unless you’re there, and you’re in it, and I’m sharing it with you.” – Luke Danes, Gilmore Girls
- “It’s fate, it’s destiny. We both like burritos.” – Seth Cohen, The OC
- “When you meet the right person, you know it. You can’t stop thinking about them. They are your best friend and your soulmate. You can’t wait to spend the rest of your life with them. No one and nothing else can compare.” – Ted, How I Met Your Mother
- “Any surprises that come our way, it’s okay, because I will always love you. You are the person I was meant to spend the rest of my life with.” – Chandler, Friends
- “I will always choose you.” – Damon, The Vampire Diaries
- “I love you in a really, really big way. Pretend to like your music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio above my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
- “We are made of particles that have existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms traveled 14 billion years through time and space to create us so that we could be together and make each other whole.” – Leonard Hofstader, The Big Bang Theory
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from movies
Most couples have probably gone to the movies as a date idea, maybe even a first date, so there’s bound to be at least one film that you both find sentimental.
Use those memories to create a Valentine’s Day card worthy of Hollywood: go big or go home, because in Hollywood anything goes.
Don’t worry about being too clichéd or cheesy, that’s what the day is for!
- “To me, you are perfect.” – Mark, Love Actually
- “I like you very much. Just as you are.” – Mark Darcy, Bridget Jones’ Diary
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul. I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Mr Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
- “It’s like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” – Jonathan, Serendipity
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – Noah, The Notebook
- “Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face.” – Gerry, PS I Love You
- “I’ll never let go.” – Rose, Titanic
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” – Nick, The Wedding Date
- “You should be kissed, every day, every hour, every minute.” – Logan, The Lucky One
- “When I look at you I can feel it. I look at you and I’m home.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from songs
Whether your singing voice is on par with Whitney Houston and Adele or perhaps best reserved for a shower performance, song lyrics can be a really fun way to tell your partner how much you love them.
Maybe you’ve taken a road trip where you just couldn’t stop listening to this one song, or maybe you even want to commemorate the song you first danced to at your wedding.
- “Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.” – John Legend, All of Me
- “I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn’t do. Go to the ends of the earth for you, to make you feel my love.” – Adele, Make You Feel My Love
- “Darling, don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you for a thousand more.” – Christina Perri, A Thousand Years
- “I just wanted you to know, baby you da best.” – Lana Del Rey, Summertime Sadness
- “Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again.” – The Cure, Lovesong
- “I don’t see what anyone can see in anyone else but you.” – The Moldy Peaches, Anyone Else But You
- “I will always love you.” – Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You
- “I want you to know it’s enough for me, cause all that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” – Ed Sheeran, Tenerife Sea
- “Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever, and I swear that everyday you’ll get better.” – James Arthur, Say You Won’t Let Go
- “It’s warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything looks different, now that I see you.” – Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore (Tangled), I See The Light
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from poetry
There’s nothing quite as traditionally romantic as poetry, so take a leaf out of the books of Wordsworth and Tennyson to spread the love.
If your partner is a true romantic, they’ll appreciate the effort you’ve taken to research and find the perfect line, or even stanza, to show how much they mean to you.
Besides, if you can’t break out the poetry on Valentine’s Day, when can you?
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
- “She walks in beauty, like the night / Of cloudless climes and starry skies; / And all that’s best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes.” – Lord Tennyson
- “Our love is old and sure, not new and frantic / You know I’m yours and I know you are mine / And saying that has made me feel romantic / My dearest love, my darling valentine.” – Wendy Cope
- “I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.” – William Blake
- “I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street.” – W. H. Auden
- “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – E.E. Cummings
- “I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.” – Pablo Neruda
- “When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
Top 10 Valentine’s Day quotes from books
Book-lovers know just how important it is to get the words right, so when it comes to a Valentine’s Day you’ll want to choose carefully.
Do you and your partner read the same books? Easy, choose a passage or line you both enjoy!
Not a book fan but your partner is? Well, first of all good on you for taking notice of your partner’s interests. Is your partner’s favourite book not on this list? Just have a cheeky Google to find out.
- “Your face is my heart, Sassenach, and the love of you is my soul.” – Jamie Fraser, Outlander
- “My sun and stars. Moon of my life.” – Khal Drogo, Game of Thrones
- “Always.” – Snape, Harry Potter
- “You deserve to be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Rhett, Gone With The Wind
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Cathy, Wuthering Heights
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Atonement
- “True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops.” – Miracle Max, The Princess Bride
- “What I feel for her is a wholly different emotion. It stands and walks on its own, living and breathing and throbbing and shaking me to the roots of my being.” – Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen, The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
How to give your quote as a gift
You don’t just need to stick to flowers, chocolates and cards for Valentine’s Day. When you have found your perfect message you can get creative and think of an original way to present it. Here are some ideas:
- A handwritten note on handmade paper is a personal way to say “I love you”.
- Collect your favourite photos of you and your Valentine together and get them made into a fold-out card or small book. You can include your quote/s between the pages and sign off at the end with a personal sentiment.
- Mount your message onto a glass block or a metal plate to be displayed around the house.
- Have your quote printed on something your Valentine can use, like a pillowcase or a coffee cup. It’s a bit kitsch, but undeniably sweet to drink your coffee every morning out of a cup that reminds you that you’re the bee’s knees.
Popular Gifts & Flowers discount codes
|14 Jul 2020
||50% off Photo Books & Large Prints at Snapfish
|10 Jul 2020
||30% off when you spend £15 or more
|3 Jul 2020
||10% off John Greed Branded Jewellery
|3 Jul 2020
||£10 Off When You Spend £70 On John Greed Branded Jewellery
|1 Jul 2020
||10% off all orders!