Our Top Picks to Send Euros Abroad
Save on fees and get the best rates for overseas transfers.
Sending money abroad can get expensive if using a bank or the wrong provider. However, thanks to specialist providers, sending money abroad can be much cheaper than it was a decade ago. New companies like TorFX and TransferWise shaken the market, undercutting their competitors and offering you a good deal.
Our Top 5 Picks
We’ve put together our top 5 picks for sending Euros abroad. Based on how many Euros you’d get for your transfer and other qualitative features, these are our recommendations for a Euro FX transfer.
Currencies Direct is an international money transfer service dedicated to helping its customers save more when transferring money internationally. With 39 currencies to choose from (and others that can be discussed with the company itself), it is more flexible than other money transfer services. So long as there’s a bank account available, Currencies Direct will transfer and exchange your funds at a low flat rate.
- No fees for 90% of its transactions.
- Worldwide service.
- Competitive exchange rates.
- Low minimum transfer of £100.
- Supports large transactions at a seemingly unlimited maximum.
- Monitors exchange rates for your ideal transfer.
- No cash pickup option.
- Does not support all currencies (though you can contact them if yours isn’t listed).
OFX offers transfers and exchanges into 55 different currencies. If you’re a larger business looking to pay for exports or just need to transfer a larger sum to an account overseas, this service may be ideal.
- 24-hour customer support.
- Available in 195 countries and 55 currencies.
- Offers scheduled and recurring transfers.
- iOS and Android apps available for mobile transfer and tracking.
- A minimum limit of £3,000 usually applies to transfers, which may be inconvenient for some users.
Xendpay allows you to send money to friends and family in 147 countries. Xendpay’s main selling point is ‘pay what you want’ when it comes to fees. These fees are translated in to their rates, so they’re still making roughly the same as other providers! However, their rates do fare well against the competition.
- 147 countries to send money to.
- Competitive pricing.
- FCA regulated, so your transfers are secure.
- iPhone app for transfers on the go
- Competitive rates.
- Rate comparison tool not available until after you’ve registered with the site.
- ‘Pay what you want’ applies only to the first £2,000 you send.
- It can take up to 4 days for your recipient to receive the funds.
TransferWise is a money transfer site designed to help you save money on exchanges through a peer-to-peer system. Its unique system allows you to exchange your funds with those of another seeking to convert their money to your currency. It’s basically trading money with another person, but it doesn’t cross borders.
- Maximum 1% fee.
- £3 minimum fee.
- Minimum transfer of £1.
- Maximum transfer of £30 million.
- Apps for both iOS and Android.
- Uses mid-market exchange rate with no hidden fees.
- Transfers to bank accounts only. No cash pickup option.
TorFX is a strict money exchange and transfer company that focuses on getting your funds where they need to go quickly. Unlike other services, it requires that funds to be cleared by individuals who hold TorFX accounts. The money must be sent in advance before the transaction can be performed. TorFX cares about its customers, with clarity and friendly service two of its highest priorities.
- Competitive exchange rates.
- Free market news.
- Fixed exchange rate protection.
- Can save you 5% on bank exchange rates.
- No bank charges or commissions.
- Consult with currency experts.
- Potential risks of exchange include market volatility.
If you would like to compare with other providers, see our full International Money Transfers comparison page.
Ask an Expert