An estimated 11 million UK households are paying too much for their energy, presumably because they’re unaware that a better deal exists or they can’t be bothered with the hassle of switching.
Switchd solves both of these problems. Once you sign up, it will check every day to see if there’s a better deal available for you. If there is, it completes the switch without you having to lift a finger.
The company says its average customer saves £400.
You retain complete control of who supplies your energy. Switchd sends you an email whenever it plans to switch you, and you can prevent this by replying within 14 days. By default, it won’t switch you again for six months, but you can toggle your preferences to change this, as well as the minimum amount of savings required to trigger a switch. Exit fees will always be considered when measuring savings.
It takes five minutes to sign up to Switchd and ensure you’ll never worry about comparing energy providers again.
Switched is an auto-switching energy service.
- Get the cheapest energy deal
- Personalised switches on gas and electricity, including green tariffs
- You need never switch yourself again
- No jargon, no misleading offers, just the best deal every single time
Switchd’s co-founders Llewellyn Kinch and Tom Rogers talk about how their service is different
How much will I pay Switchd?
Switchd has four pricing levels.
However, you won’t pay a penny until you’ve saved at least £50.
Here is what you get on each tariff:
- Free. With the free service, Switchd won’t search the whole market for the best deal. Instead, it will only search the energy providers that pay it a commission. It argues that this is how most free price comparison websites work. Nevertheless, you still won’t need to lift a finger to be switched. Customers on this tariff still save around £300 a year.
- Lite (£1.99 a month). With the cheapest paid service, Switchd will move you to the best deal on the whole market, regardless of whether it pays commission.
- Standard (£3.49 a month). Upgrade to this tariff to access telephone customer support.
- Premium (£4.99 a month). With this tariff, you’ll also get WhatsApp support and a dedicated customer support agent.
How do I sign up?
You start the sign-up process by entering your postcode and email address on the Switchd home page. You’ll then be asked if you want to switch electricity, or gas and electricity.
Next, enter some details about your current energy tariff, followed by how much you spend on energy. Switchd will estimate this for you, if needed.
From there, Switchd will run the numbers and show how much it can save you.
If you like the look of the savings, enter a few personal details to complete registration, and Switchd will take care of the switch.
Is Switchd green?
During the registration process, you are given the option to only switch to green tariffs. This option can be triggered or turned off whenever you wish.
Are there alternatives?
- Flipper searches the whole market every two weeks and will switch you whenever it can save you £50 after exit fees. Annual membership is £30, but this is only charged after your first switch.
- Labrador is a free service that constantly looks for better deals from 45 providers. It will only switch you when it can save you £80 after exit fees. The company gives customers a device that ensures their smart meter keeps working after a switch.
- Look After My Bills is a free service but will only automatically switch you when your current deal is coming to an end. You’ll receive £20 for every friend your refer.
Anyone can contact Switchd by emailing email@example.com. This address can be used for complaints, cancellations or general queries.
Paying customers can get in touch via email, phone or WhatsApp depending on their tariff.