Reebok One GT40S Treadmill review 2023
The Reebok One GT40S looks the part, but is it? Read our expert review to find out.
Finder rating: ★★★★★
- £499.99 at Sports Direct
- £699 at Argos
- £699.99 at Very
|Max. speed||16kph (9.9mph)|
|Incline||12 levels of incline|
|Workout programmes||40 (36 pre-set workouts, 4 manual programs plus bodyfat test)|
|Heart rate sensor||Hand grips|
|Screen||5-inch LCD display|
|Built-in speakers||2x 3W speakers|
|Max. user weight||110kg (243lb)|
|Manufacturer's guarantee||2 years|
|Other features||Programmable incline. Floor level adjustment. SoftDrop hydraulic folding.|
Pros and cons
- Solid machine: This frame is exceptionally sturdy.
- One Series Cushioning: Comfortable on joints and feet.
- Clear display: LED display easy to use.
- Water bottle holder: For storing drinks.
- MP3 connection: Listen to music while running.
- 12 incline levels: Challenging for walking and running.
- Max speed of 16kph: As fast as some gym treadmills.
- 40 programmes: Huge range of pre-set workouts.
- Foldable: Including wheels for transport.
- Value for money: More features than others in its bracket.
- Safe: Safety key on lanyard.
- Quiet speakers: Volume not as good as other models.
- Illustration set-up only: No text instructions.
- Short hand rails: Can be harder for shorter runners.
- Heavy machine: Not easy to move once in place.
Amelia is a writer for Finder, specialising in shopping, style and travel. She has several years of experience writing about all things lifestyle, including health and fitness, fashion and beauty, food and drink and travel. When she's not at work, you'll find her jetting off somewhere hot, baking sweet treats or playing football.
This is a sturdy, well-built treadmill for stay-at-home runners. Handy wheels allow for manoeuvring around the home (although it is very heavy. Its space-saving soft-fold feature means the machine doesn’t have to take up the whole of the room. It looks the part, with a smart LCD display, and offers a maximum speed of 16kph and 12 incline settings.
The One Series Cushioning is where the Reebok One GT40S really comes into its own though. This shock-absorb system minimises the impact of running on your joints better than other models – there’s a noticeable difference underfoot. This is because the deck is split into three zones: the rear cushion helps propel you forward faster, the front gives you a softer landing and the middle aids the transition between the two.
Our only complaints are that the speakers seem to be on the quiet side, plus, the hand rails can be tricky to hold onto if you are shorter than average in height. Overall though, it’s an excellent all-rounder and one of our top picks when it comes to home running.