Rebuildingsociety.com: Peer-to-peer lending and borrowing
Rebuildingsociety.com is changing the world of finance, could you be part of the revolution?
Read more to find out if rebuildingsociety.com are the right peer-to-peer finance platform for you.
Who are rebuildingsociety.com?
Rebuildingsociety.com opened up for applications in 2012, with the first transaction completed in February 2013. One of the founding principles was that people want transparency, trust and purpose from financial services. By connecting businesses and lenders, rebuildingsociety.com allows various stakeholders to get a vested interest in the businesses success. For this reason, rebuildingsociety.com believe they can provide a better alternative to traditional lenders for everyone.
How does it work?
As a lender, the process is fairly straightforward:
- Register: fill in some basic information for background checks.
- Transfer: once your account is approved, you need to transfer funds into your account.
- Lend: browse the marketplace and lend on live loans that suit your own criteria (e.g. size or risk)
- Grow: 48 hours after a loan has been accepted, you will start earning interest on your funds.
As a borrower, the process is slightly more complex:
- Register: fill in some basic information for background checks, and submit your borrowing requirements.
- Approval: rebuildingsociety.com will review your claim, taking usually 2-5 days.
- Next step: Rebuildingsociety.com will put your borrow request live on the marketplace if you are approved, or will ask you for extra information if not.
- Acceptance: after the auction closes, you have 7 days to accept the loan.
- Grow: Once the load is accepted, the funds are transferred to you and you can start investing to grow your business.
Benefits to lenders
As a lender, you can chose how much you want to lend and what interest rate you would live to receive. You are also encouraged to engage with your borrowers to create a mutually beneficial relationship. Benefits to lenders include:
- control of lending decisions
- decide the rate of interest and the amount to lend
- Detailed information about the borrower to help you make an informed decision
- Vetting, legal documentation, deal management and security
- Can manage risk by spreading investment across different loans
- No sign up fees and no commitment to make loans
Benefits to borrowers
As a borrower, you can get access to a network of investors and loans at competitive rates. A loan through rebuildingsociety.com comes with a group of stakeholders with vested interest in the firm, so the support is more than just financial. Benefits to borrowers include:
- Access to an investor network
- Network of lenders with interest to see the business succeed
- Access to investments from £25,000 to £250,000
- Loan terms range from 6 months to 5 years
- No fees on early repayment
- Reapply for another loan after 6 months of successful repayments
- Apply for a loan without assets as security
- Accept applications from any UK business
To apply to borrow through rebuildingsociety.com, you need to meet a certain set of criteria, these include:
- 2 years of filed accounts
- Up-to-date management accounts
- No outstanding County Court Judgements
- Asset or debenture security on loans over £50,000
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask an Expert