RationalFX offers a fast transfer service, with better exchange rates than the high street banks.
RationalFX was founded in 2005. As of February 2017, the company has transferred over $8 billion for over 80,000 clients.
RationalFX is based in London’s financial district at Canary Wharf. The company was set up to provide people with a cheaper and more efficient way to transfer money overseas instead of using a bank.
RationalFX provides for both personal payments and business payments, offering an easy and affordable service which is available 24/7. We review their services below.
|Product Name||RationalFX International Money Transfer|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 2,500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BBD, BHD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KWD, MUR, MXN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PLN, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TND, TRY, USD, XCD, ZAR|
Make a transfer with Azimo
RationalFX exchange rates
As an independent commercial foreign exchange provider, RationalFX can purchase currency in bulk, at wholesale rates. This means it can afford to offer favourable exchange rates compared to those offered by high street banks.
RationalFX claims that they can save their customers as much as 10% on their international money transfers compared to banks.
How much does it cost to transfer money with RationalFX?
For any transaction under £4000, RationalFX charges a £4 fee.
This fee is waived if you are using a regular payments service or if you are transferring funds above £4000. RationalFX make their profit from the difference between the wholesale rate and the exchange rate you agree on.Back to top
Minimum transfer amount and available currencies
There is no minimum transfer amount with RationalFX. There is, however, a cost of £4 to transfer amounts under £4000.
The list of currencies you can purchase using the services of RationalFX include, but do not limit to:
- US Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Mexican Peso
- Australian Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar
- Swiss Franc
- Czech Koruna
- Pound Sterling
- Croatian Kuna
- Hungarian Forint
- Norwegian Krone
- Polish Złoty
- Romanian Leu
- Swedish Krona
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Israeli Shekel
- Japanese Yen
- Czech Republic Koruna
- Danish Krone
- Indian Rupee
- Moroccan Dirham
- Saudi Riyal
- Singapore Dollar
- Thai Baht
- New Turkish Lira
- Mauritius Rupee
- Bahrain Dinar
- South African Rand
What types of transfers can you carry out with RationalFX?
- Spot contracts. Make a one-time transfer at the current exchange rate offered.
- Forward contracts. If you need to make a payment at a future date, you can protect yourself from unfavourable changes in the exchange rate by entering into a forward contract. You and RationalFX will agree to make the transfer at a specified date, at a predetermined price.
- Regular payments. Making regular transfers abroad can get confusing, as the currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly. RationalFX can arrange a series of fixed-price transfers to alleviate this worry.
- Limit orders. This gives you a way of taking advantage of changes in the exchange rates, while still having regular payments taken care of for you. Provide RationalFX with criteria, and they will put the transfer through when the exchange rates meet them.
The registration and transfer process
You can request a quote from RationalFX without opening an account. The company will need your:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Currency you have
- Currency you need
- Transfer amount
You can also sign up for an account at this stage if you wish.
If you agree with the quote you receive, you can pay RationalFX by bank transfer, debit card or credit card. Once they receive your funds, they’ll send the money to your recipient’s account within 24 hours.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of using RationalFX?
- Daily Market Report. RationalFX allows you to monitor (for free) the foreign exchange market, allowing you to transfer funds when the market is working in your favour.
- Better exchange rates. Save as much as 10% with RationalFX. They offer better exchange rates than those offered by your bank
- Transfer options. From limit orders and forward contracts to one-off transfers and regular payments, RationalFX offers flexible transfer options to help you save time and money.
- No Cash Pickups. RationalFX only allows bank to bank transfers.
- Transfer Fees. You’ll need to be willing to pay a small transfer fee when you send money with RationalFX.
What other services does RationalFX offer?
RationalFX also offers some additional services of particular use to businesses.
As an example, if you often have customers abroad, you can integrate the RationalFX platform on your website to facilitate their payment.