CardOneBanking Prepaid Card
Open an account with CardOneBanking today and use it worldwide
CardOneBanking is an independent, FCA authorised company that has been providing current accounts and payment services since 2007. It is an expert in providing accessible but highly functional current accounts not only for personal account customers, but for small businesses as well. With no credit checks, no branch visits or signatures required, it opens accounts more quickly and with less fuss than the high street banks.
What are prepaid cards?
A prepaid card is similar to a bank account debit card. The key difference is that with a prepaid card you can transfer your own money onto it and use to cover your everyday purchases. This making them great alternative to to cash, credit cards and even debit cards.
They are also a good alternative for those with poor credit scores, or lack of credit history, as the big brands may not accept an application for a credit card.
CardOneBanking use what it calls a ‘Jam-Jar’ current account. This is where a salary or other income is paid into a ‘billing account’ and once enough funds have been set aside for regular bills, any remaining money is automatically transferred to the MasterCard debit card part of the account and is available for normal spending. This ensures there should always be enough money to pay bills without going overdrawn. Extra funds can be added to the ‘billing account’ at any time and funds can also be transferred from the card account back to the ‘billing’ account’.
Benefits of using CardOneBanking
- No credit checks required. To be eligible for most credit cards you need a credit history, and for the best cards on the market you need a high credit score. With CardOneBanking this is unnecessary, as long as they are able to verify your identity from your documents. This makes this card ideal for teenagers, those with bad credit scores, travelling abroad or people looking to be stricter with their spending.
- Mobile app available. From here customers can manage their money easily, on-the-go and at any time. This allows you to check your balance at a glance and get notifications sent to any device.
- Uses Mastercard. You gain access to a Mastercard that’s ready to use immediately in-store, online and even abroad. The card is accepted at over 35 million locations worldwide displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark.
- Can add an additional cardholder. For an additional £5 a month you can have a secondary cardholder on your account.
- Cashback rewards. CardOneBanking offer cashback rewards with a number of companies, with rates up to 8% when you spend in shops. To see where you could save money visit the rewards page on the CardOneBanking website.
What are the charges?
|Monthly membership fee||£12.50|
|Transactions out of the UK||2.75%|
|ATM withdrawals outside the UK||£3 + 2.75%|
|Cash advance outside the UK||£5|
|Balance enquiry by SMS||15p|
What you need to sign up
- Some personal information. Title, First name, Last name, Email address and a phone number.
- Current Residence. Postcode (Residential addresses only)
- Payment. A debit card or mobile number (SMS payment)
More guides on Finder
Debit card fraud: What it is and how to get a refund on a fraudulent transaction
If you’ve fallen victim to debit card fraud, you may be eligible to receive a refund.
Compare business bank accounts
Discover what business bank accounts offer and how to compare them to find the best account for you.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Limited company loans
See how to get a business loan as a limited company in the UK, and how much you can borrow.
Current accounts with cashback
Learn how current accounts with cashback work, whether they’re right for you and how to find the best current account.
Compare current accounts with rewards
Discover how current accounts with rewards work, and how to choose the best one for you.
Commercial bridging loan
Everything you need to know about commercial bridging loans. We look at when they’re useful, how they work and what to be aware of before taking one out.
List of countries using Western Union money transfers
Which countries does Western Union let you send money to? See the list of 200+ countries with Western Union money transfers.
Loans for small businesses affected by coronavirus
Learn about government support and alternative options for businesses needing finance to help deal with the impact of coronavirus.
How we rate budgeting apps
This is how we come up with the star ratings and “best for” picks that you see for budgeting apps and their features.