Hitachi Personal Finance believes in keeping things simple, and offers competitive fixed-rate personal loans so that you don’t have to put your dreams on hold.
With its simple application process and quick payment times, Hitachi Personal Finance is a regular winner of the Your Money UK’s Best Direct Loan provider award. Proudly stating “We are not a bank”, it aims to put the “personal” back into “personal finance”. We’ve put together a page to check out what all the fuss is about.
Hitachi Personal Finance started out over thirty years ago providing manufacturers with innovative finance solutions. It now lends to UK borrowers too, with the mantra of keeping things as simple for you as possible. Call it Japanese minimalism if you like! Whether you’re buying a car, making home improvements, or celebrating a special event, Hitachi have a competitive loan that could get you there sooner.
Want to quickly see which lenders can offer you a loan?
Warning: late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Key features of Hitachi personal loans at a glance
- Borrow from £2,500 to £25,000.
- Loan terms from 2 to 5 years.
- Personalised quick quote with no impact on credit rating. Hitachi’s website has a loan calculator and eligibility checker that will let you know what you can expect from Hitachi with no risk to your credit rating.
- Maximum APR. Whilst most people will be offered the advertised APR, Hitachi also sets a maximum on rates to ensure you never pay over the odds for your loan.
- Fixed monthly repayments. With a fixed rate of interest for the full term, you’ll know exactly how much your loan will cost each month, and in total.
- Quick decision. Hitachi’s application process takes a mere 10 minutes, and a decision is made immediately.
- Quick access to funds. Once your loan is accepted, Hitachi will have the money to you within 48 hours.
- No set-up fees. Hitachi charges no arrangement fees or hidden fees at all.
- Repay some or all of your loan early at any time. Hitachi doesn’t charge for early repayment or overpayment, however you should check the terms of your specific loan offer to see if you can save money on interest by doing so.
What is APR?If you’re comparing any credit-based products, it won’t be long before you’ll come across the Annual Percentage Rate (APR). This figure is designed to provide an annual summary of the cost of a loan. It takes into account both interest and any mandatory charges to be paid (for example an arrangement fee) over the duration of a loan.
All lenders must calculate the APR of their products in the same way, and must tell you the APR before you sign an agreement, so for consumers it can be a handy tool for comparison.
Bear in mind, however, that lenders are only obliged to award this rate to 51% of those who take out the loan – the other 49% could pay more. That’s why it’s often referred to as the representative APR.
Am I eligible for a Hitachi personal loan?
You should only apply for a Hitachi personal loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms, and you meet the following criteria:
- You are aged 21 or over
- You have a bank or building society account
- You are a permanent UK resident (and have been living in the UK for at least 12 months)
- You are in permanent paid employment, self-employed or retired with a pension
- You have a good credit history
How can I apply?
One of the best things about Hitachi personal loans is the super-simple and quick application process. Before you start, have these personal details ready:
- Annual income
- Employment details
- Bank account details
- Last 5 years’ address history
Alternatively, you can also apply by phone if you call 0343 351 9112, although this may take a little longer.
Frequently asked questions