Please note: High-cost short-term credit is unsuitable for sustained borrowing over long periods and would be expensive as a means of longer-term borrowing.
Piccadilly Loans review
Piccadilly Loans says it's here to make mini-loans easy, but does it offer the right payday loan for you?
Piccadilly Loans is a loans broker and not a direct lender. This means that it will search the market for a loan that best suits your circumstances. Whilst this means that you can have access to many different lenders with only one application, it also may mean multiple credit checks and less of a say in where you get your money from and when.
Piccadilly Loans is a trading name of its parent company, Ineffable Ltd, and as a broker it brings a number of loans providers to your fingertips after just a one-page online application. As with all payday loans however, the loans Piccadilly brokers are high interest and should only be considered if you are sure there aren’t any cheaper options available to you, and you are certain you can meet the repayments.
Key features of Piccadilly Loans short-term loans at a glance
Am I eligible for a Picadilly Loans personal loan?
You should only apply for a Picadilly Loans personal loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms, and you meet the following criteria:
- UK resident
- Over 18
- Have a regular income
- Hold an account with a UK-based bank or building society
- You must ensure that you can meet the repayments as missed payments incur a charge and could have severe consequences on your ability to obtain future credit
How do I apply?
- Start by filling out Piccadilly Loans’ simple application form on its website.
- Piccadilly Loans then sends the information to Pingtree which applies for you, first from one lender, and then moving through others until it finds a match.
- Once a match has been found, you will be sent the details of your provider and the loan it is offering. You can then accept or reject the offer.
- Depending on the provider, you could receive the money in your account the same day.
Did you know?
In 2015 the Financial Conduct authority (FCA) capped interest and fees on all high-cost short-term credit loans at 0.8% per day.
It additionally capped all default charges at £15 and the total cost (interest, fees) of loans at 100% of the original sum. This means you’ll never have to pay more than double the amount borrowed.
When will I receive my loan?
Once you have filled in the Piccadilly Loans application, it usually takes around 2 minutes for your application to be processed, and your providers to be listed. How long it takes from here is dependant on the provider you have gone for. If your in a hurry, you should look into payout times of the lender you have chosen and only accept if the lender has quick payout times.
Some of the lenders Piccadilly Loans brokers for have same-day payouts, and so you may have access to your loan the same day you apply.
Piccadilly Loans pros and cons
- Quick online application
- Access to many different lenders with only one application
- All credit ratings can apply (although bad ones might not be accepted)
- Higher interest than some other bad-credit options, such as guarantor loans and credit-building credit cards
- You may be able to find a better deal by going direct to lenders
- If you are rejected from one lender, you may end up with multiple credit checks, leaving a pretty big footprint in your credit rating
Frequently asked questions
We compare payday/short-term loans from
More guides on Finder
Invest in graphene stocks
Graphene stocks can be rewarding, but there are risks involved that could impact your profits.
Compare no-fee balance transfer credit cards
Discover the best credit cards with no balance transfer fees. They are a useful tool if you want to take a break from paying interest on credit card debt.
Top ethical credit cards
Learn more about how ethical credit cards work and whether they are right for you.
What is day trading?
We examine the pros and cons, and who day trading is (and often isn’t) right for.
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Best bank account switching deals in the UK 2022
We look at switching bonuses, what they are, how they work and which banks offer the best ones. If you’re fed up with your current bank, you could switch accounts and get a nice little cash bonus as an extra perk.
Can you have more than one current account?
Discover more about the rules on holding multiple current accounts.
Defined contribution pension schemes
Defined contribution, or money purchase, pensions are the most common way to save for retirement. Here’s what you need to know.
Who owns your credit card?
Knowing who owns your credit card will help ensure you find the best credit card deals.
How to switch credit cards
Looking to get a better credit card deal or pay off your existing debt faster? Here’s how to switch credit cards in 5 steps.