Molo Finance is the UK’s first digital-only mortgage lender. Currently, it only offers buy-to-let mortgages, but will expand into residential mortgages soon.
Molo Finance is leading the new wave of online-only lenders aiming to disrupt the UK mortgage market by arranging competitive mortgages fast online.
Having launched in 2017, Molo started with buy-to-let deals but says it will expand into offering residential mortgages soon.
If the idea of arranging a hassle-free buy-to-let mortgage online sounds appealing, Molo Finance could be the lender for you.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
What types of mortgage does Molo Finance provide?
- Fixed rate. Molo Finance currently offers fixed-rate buy-to-let mortgages with two, three and five year terms. These are ideal for customers who want to know exactly what they’ll be paying each month. These deals allow you to overpay the mortgage by as little as £1 or as much as 10% a year.
- Tracker. The lender offers a two-year tracker buy-to-let mortgage based on the three-month Libor rate. The rate changes four times a year. This product could appeal if you believe the rate is set to remain low for at least two years.
- Remortgages. Molo Finance offers remortgage buy-to-let deals with two-year, three-year and five-year fixed rates, as well as a two-year tracker remortgage deal.
How can I contact Molo Finance?
You can only apply for Molo Finance mortgages through its website. There is no phone number or email address provided for customer service, although the lender is active on all major social media platforms.
How do I apply for a Molo Finance mortgage?
You can apply for a Molo Finance mortgage by clicking the “Apply Now” button on the top right corner of its website. This will take you to the application page, where you first choose your mortgage type and size. You’ll be asked to fill in a few personal details, then submit your application.
The lender will perform a credit check before emailing you a quote. Molo Finance says the application process should only take a few minutes.
Before you submit your application, you’ll be asked to confirm that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a UK resident who has been living in the UK for the last three years.
- You haven’t declared bankrupt in the last six years.
- You’re looking for a buy-to-let property, not a property to live in.
- You don’t have more than three mortgages on other buy-to-let properties.
- The property is located in England or Wales.
- The property will not be used for renting to multiple occupants, so it does not qualify as an HMO (House in Multiple Occupation).
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market